Posted to alt.home.repair

Default regluing stick-on tile

The self-stick vinyl tile squares that are in my house have been
discontinued. Can I peel up some where it doesn't show and
reglue them to replace damaged tiles? What kind of glue? ...
the regular tile glue? Should the old remaining glue be removed?
how? Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

On Nov 17, 11:51 am, "AKA gray asphalt"
wrote:
The self-stick vinyl tile squares that are in my house have been
discontinued. Can I peel up some where it doesn't show and
reglue them to replace damaged tiles? What kind of glue? ...
the regular tile glue? Should the old remaining glue be removed?
how? Thanks

Try using a household iron. It helps loosen the glue
and if enough glue exist on the tile it will help to reglue it.
Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
The self-stick vinyl tile squares that are in my house have been
discontinued. Can I peel up some where it doesn't show and
reglue them to replace damaged tiles? What kind of glue? ...
the regular tile glue? Should the old remaining glue be removed?
how? Thanks

Try using a household iron. It helps loosen the glue
and if enough glue exist on the tile it will help to reglue it.
Lou

Interesting idea. Would a hair dryer work too?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

wrote:
The self-stick vinyl tile squares that are in my house have been
discontinued. Can I peel up some where it doesn't show and
reglue them to replace damaged tiles? What kind of glue? ...
the regular tile glue? Should the old remaining glue be removed?
how? Thanks

Try using a household iron. It helps loosen the glue
and if enough glue exist on the tile it will help to reglue it.
Lou

Interesting idea. Would a hair dryer work too?

I don't think a hair dryer gets hot enough, and it may
be too direct. You may want to put something between
the iron and the tile such as wax paper or tin foil.
Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 17, 1:38 pm, Lou wrote:

snip

Try using a household iron. It helps loosen the glue
and if enough glue exist on the tile it will help to reglue it.
Lou

Keep in mind that vinyl will shrink if heated for a period of time.
Gentle warming for only a breif time might be best.
Good luck.

Joe

Ceramic Tile Over Peel and Stick Vinyl [email protected] Home Repair 19 January 22nd 21 09:27 AM
Cheap peel-n-stick floor tile doesn't stick Mike Home Repair 13 June 5th 07 05:31 AM
peel and stick tile jtpr Home Repair 8 August 5th 06 03:11 PM
Stick on Vinyl tile Q's Randy Mahoney Home Ownership 0 August 8th 04 10:31 PM
Peel and Stick Tile Rufus V. Smith Home Repair 6 September 5th 03 01:45 PM