DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plumbing Question on Trap Adapters (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/221482-plumbing-question-trap-adapters.html)

Ken Kose November 17th 07 04:38 PM

Plumbing Question on Trap Adapters

I am installing a laundry sink in my basement next to my waste
ejector. There is a existing 2 inch pvc vertical pipe which drains
into the ejector. I would like to tee into this and connect to my sink
drain which is 1-1/2 inch. Is there a trap adapter that goes from 2
inch pvc to a 1-1/2 undersink trap? Thanks for the help.

Ken

Big_Jake November 18th 07 01:59 AM

On Nov 17, 10:38 am, Ken Kose wrote:
I am installing a laundry sink in my basement next to my waste
ejector. There is a existing 2 inch pvc vertical pipe which drains
into the ejector. I would like to tee into this and connect to my sink
drain which is 1-1/2 inch. Is there a trap adapter that goes from 2
inch pvc to a 1-1/2 undersink trap? Thanks for the help.

Ken

A couple of choices -

Get a tee that is 2" x 1 1/2, insert a 1 1/2 male trap adapter, and
your done.

or

Get a 2" tee and put a 2" by 1 1/2 bushing in it, then the trap
adapter.

JK

Ken Kose November 18th 07 11:09 PM

On Nov 17, 7:59 pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Nov 17, 10:38 am, Ken Kose wrote:

I am installing a laundry sink in my basement next to my waste
ejector. There is a existing 2 inch pvc vertical pipe which drains
into the ejector. I would like to tee into this and connect to my sink
drain which is 1-1/2 inch. Is there a trap adapter that goes from 2
inch pvc to a 1-1/2 undersink trap? Thanks for the help.

Ken

A couple of choices -

Get a tee that is 2" x 1 1/2, insert a 1 1/2 male trap adapter, and
your done.

or

Get a 2" tee and put a 2" by 1 1/2 bushing in it, then the trap
adapter.

JK

Big_Jake, I did option one. Found all parts at Home Depot. Worked
great!! Thanks for your help.