DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Deep well wiring (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/221232-deep-well-wiring.html)

[email protected] November 15th 07 08:12 PM

Deep well wiring

I have a 1/3hp well pump which i got from a friend. i am hoping to use
it to pump up around 80'.
It currently has 14gauge attached to it. Is this high enough gauge for
running about 150' in total length?
There are 4 wires attached to the pump. DO i need anything special for
hooking a 4-wire cable into my house 230v?

thanks in advance for any help!
rob

RBM November 15th 07 11:44 PM

Deep well wiring

Number 14 is fine for that length, in fact the generic well pump wire size
chart indicates it's good for around 500 feet for a 1/3 hp @230 volt. You
will need a pump control box that matches the pump and a 15 amp 240 volt
circuit and disconnect. You'll also need a pressure switch to control the
pump