Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OK to use wet-dry vac to siphon gas?

On Nov 18, 2:28 pm, "Steve Barker" wrote:
it burns a hole in the bag.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Tell us...what would happen if just one little spark was to be sucked
up?- Hide quoted text -

oooh...scary.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ya, really.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

oooh...scary.

Posted to alt.home.repair

yep, and i've made better flames with a lighter and a can of b-12.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
On Nov 18, 2:27 pm, "Steve Barker" wrote:
Well nothing happened. So what's the big deal? Watching plastic burn?

"Ron" wrote in message

On Nov 17, 10:47 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Nov 17, 10:27 pm, Ron wrote:

On Nov 17, 6:12 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

It may not have become a jet engine, but it did make a pretty
decent
flame thrower. Check out this video..it's worth waiting until 4:08
in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2K42GbDN1Y

Unbelievable, especially with kids around.

Kids *around*? It was kids that were doing it. Did you hear one kid
say "We definitely can't tell Mom and Dad?"

What I meant was, there seemed to be two "older kids" around and then
two younger ones around. I would have to watch it again to be exactly
sure.- Hide quoted text -

Did you watch it up to and past 4:08 when it turned into a pretty
decent flame thrower for few seconds?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 11:28 am, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
it burns a hole in the bag.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Tell us...what would happen if just one little spark was to be sucked
up?- Hide quoted text -

Does quite a bit more than that. Picture a pile of flufff, spark and
a BIG draft blowing on it. Yes, the stuff in the bag will burn.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article 7kj%i.1923$fD.623@pd7urf3no, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Evidently not. Who knew?

"A man using a vacuum cleaner to suck gasoline out of a vehicle was burned
and his house damaged when the fuel exploded, the Albuquerque Fire
Department said."

http://www.abqtrib.com/news/2007/nov...que-man-house-
da
maged/

Darn it. Must've thought he had the explosion proof motor option on
that. I wonder whether the instruction manual contains the appropriate
warning.

Hi,
Spark proof not explosion proof.

Tony, explosion proof is the correct term.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mine just burnt a hole in the bag. I was spared any other entertainment.

wc siphon bryan Home Repair 5 December 13th 06 11:46 AM
Siphon knowledge Richard UK diy 26 July 11th 06 07:19 PM
too much toilet siphon [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 11th 06 07:35 PM
Toilet siphon ron UK diy 1 May 18th 06 01:07 PM
Gasoline siphon Stormin Mormon Home Repair 36 April 12th 05 06:38 AM