DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Solar lighting with separate solar cell (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/220971-solar-lighting-separate-solar-cell.html)

Andrew Duane November 13th 07 03:46 PM

Solar lighting with separate solar cell

I'm looking at trying to put one or two solar powered lights under
some steps on my deck. Obviously, there is little sunlight that would
fall on them there, so I'd want to mount the actual solar cells about
2-3 feet away on the outside of the railing.

Is there a "decent looking" solution to this? I haven't found anything
suitable at either big box stores, or one or two electrical places. I
just want a decent light fixture, and a decent solar cell, and some
wire to connect them.

LVE2RIDE November 14th 07 03:01 AM

On Nov 13, 9:46 am, Andrew Duane wrote:
I'm looking at trying to put one or two solar powered lights under
some steps on my deck. Obviously, there is little sunlight that would
fall on them there, so I'd want to mount the actual solar cells about
2-3 feet away on the outside of the railing.

Is there a "decent looking" solution to this? I haven't found anything
suitable at either big box stores, or one or two electrical places. I
just want a decent light fixture, and a decent solar cell, and some
wire to connect them.

I would probably use the 45 watt solar cell from harbor freight..200
bucks or so and a marine deep cycle battery. You would have plenty of
power for the lights and would be able to add more in the future.

John Gilmer[_2_] November 14th 07 04:56 AM

Solar lighting with separate solar cell

I would probably use the 45 watt solar cell from harbor freight..200
bucks or so and a marine deep cycle battery. You would have plenty of
power for the lights and would be able to add more in the future.

I believe there is a motion activated light that has the solar cell separate
from the light/sensor.

stockbrokers September 23rd 14 06:47 AM

Why not you use a complete solar penal lighting system. These system have solar cells that connected with a batter which help you to control your lighting system and other system that you want to connect with that battery.
What your stock broker doesn’t want you to see