Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Waxless toilet seal - measurements

Anyone have any experience with Fernco's waxless toilet seals? Do
they work as well as promised?

Here's my dilema. The outlet on the bottom on my toilet meaures 3
inches, and the inside of the flange in the floor measures what
appears to be 3 1/2 to 3 3/4. (I probably have some leftover "gunk"
from the old wax seal to chip away at...???) Either way, it's bigger
than a 3 inch hole, and smaller than a 4. Fernco makes a 3 inch
seal...a 4 inch seal...and what they call a "combination" - that fits
a 4 inch toilet to a 3 inch flange.

If I use the 3 inch, will I get a good seal in the flange?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 12, 11:33 am, Stanko wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Fernco's waxless toilet seals? Do
they work as well as promised?

Here's my dilema. The outlet on the bottom on my toilet meaures 3
inches, and the inside of the flange in the floor measures what
appears to be 3 1/2 to 3 3/4. (I probably have some leftover "gunk"
from the old wax seal to chip away at...???) Either way, it's bigger
than a 3 inch hole, and smaller than a 4. Fernco makes a 3 inch
seal...a 4 inch seal...and what they call a "combination" - that fits
a 4 inch toilet to a 3 inch flange.

If I use the 3 inch, will I get a good seal in the flange?

The controllig thing is the pipe size. Should be either 4" or 3".
The size of the flange is not important. The semi rigid flanges on
the waxless seal fit down inside the pipe makeing the seal - it does
not seal to the toilet flange.

Harry K