DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   humidifier install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/220587-humidifier-install.html)

Rick[_4_] November 11th 07 04:05 AM

humidifier install

When installing a humidifier on a force air furnace, what side should the
unit be installed on and why?

Thanks for your help

[email protected] November 11th 07 01:01 PM

humidifier install

On Nov 10, 11:05 pm, "Rick" wrote:
When installing a humidifier on a force air furnace, what side should the
unit be installed on and why?

Thanks for your help

The unit goes on the hot plenum, because that's where the heat is.
Only humidifier I recommend is Aprilaire, which is an excellent design
and trouble free. I also recommend getting one that is powered by a
small fan and not bypass type.

DerbyDad03 November 12th 07 02:48 AM

humidifier install

On Nov 10, 11:05 pm, "Rick" wrote:
When installing a humidifier on a force air furnace, what side should the
unit be installed on and why?

Thanks for your help

Is there a specific reason you are adding a humidifier? Keep in mind
that if your house is very tight, adding extra humidity can hurt more
than it can help.