Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen Counter Donations

I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of
throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would
accept this donation in central NJ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Habitat-for-Humanity take donations of certain used building materials.
However, countertops are really size specific to each house and unless you
had long lengths without holes that can be cut to fit another house, I doubt
they would be interested.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of
throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would
accept this donation in central NJ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 10:18 am, wrote:
I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of
throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would
accept this donation in central NJ?

It's not NJ, but if anybody near Mesa AZ needs this kind of store,
there's an outfit called Stardust (I believe) that will come pick up
your old stuff after a remodel, sell it in their store, and uses the
proceeds to help low-income people with their housing repair needs.

Picked up a decent cabinet for the laundry room there about 6 months
ago.

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of
throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would
accept this donation in central NJ?

I put my cabinets/counter tops on craigslist, for free, and they were gone
in about 5 min. If they are in reasonably good shape you could probably sell
them.

Jim

--
What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Habitat For Humanity has donation stores in various locations, so check
their website and see if there is a store location near you.

Also, for this and other freebie giveaways, check out:

http://www.FreeCycle.org

I just heard about this a few weeks ago and joined two of their locate
groups where I have properties.

If you decide to join, it is not required, but it is sometimes easier, if
you have or create a Yahoo.com email address. That's because the whole
thing is set up as a series of local FreeCycle Yahoo Groups where people
post and receive messages for items OFFERED, WANTED, TAKE, etc.

Everything is for free and the signup is free and anonymous.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have heard that I can donate me used kitchen counter-tops instead of
throwing them away. Does anybody know of any charities that would
accept this donation in central NJ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 13:52:56 -0500, "BETA-32"
wrote:
Also, for this and other freebie giveaways, check out:

http://www.FreeCycle.org

I just heard about this a few weeks ago and joined two of their locate
groups where I have properties.

If you decide to join, it is not required, but it is sometimes easier, if
you have or create a Yahoo.com email address. That's because the whole
thing is set up as a series of local FreeCycle Yahoo Groups where people
post and receive messages for items OFFERED, WANTED, TAKE, etc.

Everything is for free and the signup is free and anonymous.

Freecycle will be moving to its own server off of Yahoogroups, and the
risk is high that they'll be selling member addresses, so keep that in
mind before joining. Instead, look for ReUseIt groups
http://www.reuseitnetwork.org/ or the local Craigslist.org free
section.

http://www.sgfreecycle.org/
http://www.wikihow.com/Find-an-Alternative-to-Freecycle