Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Single pole illuminated switch?

Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way
when the circuit is ON?

I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see
ON=ON, OFF=OFF.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches
reverse their indication?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

An "illuminated" switch is lit when the switch is off, a "pilot light
switch" is illuminated when the switch is on. All major manufacturers make
them

wrote in message
Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way
when the circuit is ON?

I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see
ON=ON, OFF=OFF.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches
reverse their indication?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Nov 7, 6:58 am, LouB wrote:
wrote:
Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way
when the circuit is ON?

I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see
ON=ON, OFF=OFF.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches
reverse their indication?

Thanks

Why would one need such a thing unless the light is so remote one can
not see it. Even if there is reason there is something inside you that
will help - your brain.

Lou

I'm thinking if you have a light inside, say, a clothes closet in a
bedroom and the switch is outside the door, that would be useful.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:58:09 -0500, LouB wrote Re

wrote:
Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way
when the circuit is ON?

I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see
ON=ON, OFF=OFF.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches
reverse their indication?

Thanks

Why would one need such a thing unless the light is so remote one can
not see it. Even if there is reason there is something inside you that
will help - your brain.

Lou

Brain? I guess that leaves you out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

franz frippl wrote:
My father had just such a switch to indicate whether the garage lights
were left on. Not such a silly idea.

Indeed. I've got such a switch in the hall to control (and
indicate) several attic lights. Right next to the swing down
attic steps. A nice reminder of wasted electricity.

Also, some switches control outlets rather than lights
and it may be desirable to see that the outlets are
'live'.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Leviton 1221-7P is a light in handle pilot light single pole switch. They do
require a neutral to operate

wrote in message
Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way
when the circuit is ON?

I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see
ON=ON, OFF=OFF.

On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches
reverse their indication?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

My father had just such a switch to indicate whether the garage lights
were left on. Not such a silly idea.

And for the basement lights ;-)

-larry / dallas
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 20:48:08 -0500, "Mark" wrote:

Bingo! We have a lighted closed in our spare room. The wife was leaving
the light on occasionally (ok, almost every time sue was in it!). I tried
the lowest wattage bulb which wasn't met with great enthusiasm!

How about LED holiday lights? Wal-Mart has some small white lights
that are really bright. The whole string of 60 uses less than 3W.

BTW, I used that solution in my bathroom and seldom need anything
else.

So an
eliminated

Funny typo :-)

switch was the answer. Mine is actually a switch with a red
light above it in a single switch plate, but I can see it from the hall if
it is on, and she can too, so the light is not on much at all any more!

That'd be useful for outdoor lights, with the switch inside.

[snip]

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy