DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cracked Sink Drain Pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219882-cracked-sink-drain-pipe.html)

M[_3_] November 4th 07 12:37 AM

Cracked Sink Drain Pipe

The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line
in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting.
What's the best way to repair this?

Speedy Jim November 4th 07 12:42 AM

Cracked Sink Drain Pipe

M wrote:
The cast Iron pipe going from my kitchen sink to the main sewer line
in my basement is cracked. The crack is near a cleanout fitting.
What's the best way to repair this?

If you can saw/cut the pipe, leaving some solid remnant:
http://www.fernco.com/1056.asp

If you have to remove the entire length all the
way into the next hub:
http://www.fernco.com/Donut.asp

It may be possible to remove the cleanout cover
and then install a threaded adapter, but the
angle may be wrong, etc.

Ji m