DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   This could have been a massive explosion (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219628-could-have-been-massive-explosion.html)

[email protected] November 1st 07 11:39 AM

This could have been a massive explosion

My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I
went to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let
out a gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately
unplugged the heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the
moon. He tends to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that
electric space heater in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never
happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

Edwin Pawlowski November 1st 07 01:01 PM

wrote in message
My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I
went to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let
out a gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately
unplugged the heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the
moon. He tends to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that
electric space heater in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never
happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

It would be far safer to stick a hose up his ass and vent the hose outside
for safety.

Kurt Ullman November 1st 07 01:07 PM

This could have been a massive explosion

In article A6kWi.2628$hd1.1715@trndny01,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

It would be far safer to stick a hose up his ass and vent the hose outside
for safety.

And possibly more fun....

Robert Allison November 1st 07 01:15 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

wrote in message

My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I
went to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let
out a gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately
unplugged the heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the
moon. He tends to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that
electric space heater in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never
happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

It would be far safer to stick a hose up his ass and vent the hose outside
for safety.

And waste it? I think not. Pipe that gas into a natural gas
heater and use his farts to keep himself warm.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Jack November 1st 07 01:43 PM

This could have been a massive explosion

On Nov 1, 7:15 am, Robert Allison wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
.. .

[...]

It is sad with all the suffering of children through-out the world
that you four have no place to release your energy except to post
such ditribe on the internet. May you God take care of you in an
approbate manner..

Edwin Pawlowski November 1st 07 02:53 PM

"Jack" wrote in message

It is sad with all the suffering of children through-out the world
that you four have no place to release your energy except to post
such ditribe on the internet. May you God take care of you in an
approbate manner..

It is even sadder to think that us having some chuckles is going to further
harm the suffering of the world. Life without some levity certainly is
suffering.

HeyBub November 1st 07 04:39 PM

wrote:
My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I
went to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let
out a gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately
unplugged the heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the
moon. He tends to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that
electric space heater in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never
happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an electric
heater gets that hot.

TH November 1st 07 04:53 PM

On Nov 1, 5:43 am, Jack wrote:
On Nov 1, 7:15 am, Robert Allison wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Then get off your ass and quite wasting time responding to this crap.
You want to end the suffering of the children in the world, then
become a missionary and get these people from breeding and bringing
kids into a world that can't support or take care of them.
Do you really think there is a solution for caring for an exploding
population of billions and billions of children being born into places
that can't even grow enough food or even form a civilized government?
Circumventing the laws of natural selection has dire consequences on
the health of the human race and the planet.

cln November 1st 07 06:35 PM

On Nov 1, 1:53 pm, TH wrote:
On Nov 1, 5:43 am, Jack wrote:

On Nov 1, 7:15 am, Robert Allison wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
.. .

[...]

the health of the human race and the planet.- Hide quoted text -

1) send me the heater
2) for the .5 seconds that the fart burns... the only thing to worry
about it the hair on his back... which you probably wouldn't mind him
taking off anyways.
look up burning farts on YouTube... farts are not a huge hasards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Wo8ff_2A8
actually won't smell as bad if its burnt.

Oren November 1st 07 06:40 PM

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:35:34 -0700, cln wrote:

actually won't smell as bad if its burnt.

Voice of experience?

--
Oren

Mamba November 1st 07 07:48 PM

"HeyBub" wrote in message

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an electric
heater gets that hot.

Don't ignore the pressures, velocity of the gas expulsion, and other factors
that might affect temperatures and flash points.

Regardless, I see a fuel source here that could eradicate dependency on
foreign oil reserves...

Jeff Wisnia November 1st 07 09:54 PM

cln wrote:
On Nov 1, 1:53 pm, TH wrote:

On Nov 1, 5:43 am, Jack wrote:

On Nov 1, 7:15 am, Robert Allison wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

wrote in message
om...

[...]

one of the ones on YouTube was a Mythbusters episode, but it states it
was never broadcast in the USA and has a Brit voiceover.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BqFRBHPIE-w

Or, maybe I got taken in and sbsequently blown away by some clever
imposters?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Oren November 1st 07 10:19 PM

This could have been a massive explosion

On 1 Nov 2007 21:50:15 GMT, Clark wrote:

"Mamba" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an
electric heater gets that hot.

Don't ignore the pressures, velocity of the gas expulsion, and other
factors that might affect temperatures and flash points.

Regardless, I see a fuel source here that could eradicate dependency on
foreign oil reserves...

The gathering system is going to be a real PITA

You mean collection from cows?

--
Oren

Smitty Two November 2nd 07 03:18 AM

This could have been a massive explosion

In article ,
Clark wrote:

"Mamba" wrote in
:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an
electric heater gets that hot.

Don't ignore the pressures, velocity of the gas expulsion, and other
factors that might affect temperatures and flash points.

Regardless, I see a fuel source here that could eradicate dependency on
foreign oil reserves...

The gathering system is going to be a real PITA

so to speak.

[email protected] November 2nd 07 09:13 AM

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:48:39 -0700, "Mamba" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

The ignition temperature for Methane is 630C (1200F). I doubt an electric
heater gets that hot.

Don't ignore the pressures, velocity of the gas expulsion, and other factors
that might affect temperatures and flash points.

Regardless, I see a fuel source here that could eradicate dependency on
foreign oil reserves...

Ya know, I always thought that if all the office workers in this
country who sit at a desk all day, were equipped with special chairs
that would suck up all farts, these companies could be self sufficient
as far as energy needs. Each cubical could be equipped with a meter
to determine how much each employee is contributing to the energy
source for the company and would get "rewards" on their paycheck for
the amount they contribute. Just think of all the beans they would
have for lunch, and just think how the most despised bosses would be
ridiculed when it was determined that the head of the company was the
guy found to be "most full of ****" !!!! :)

[email protected] November 2nd 07 09:14 AM

This could have been a massive explosion

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:43:29 -0700, Jack
wrote:

On Nov 1, 7:15 am, Robert Allison wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I'm glad I dont follow your God !!!!!
At least mine has a sense of humor !

franz frippl November 2nd 07 12:30 PM

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:39:33 -0500, oggtiutb wrote:

My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I went
to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let out a
gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately unplugged the
heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the moon. He tends
to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that electric space heater
in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our porch
is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not ignite his
gas.

Replace your husband. Keep the space heater.

Lou November 2nd 07 12:34 PM

This could have been a massive explosion

My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I
went to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let
out a gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately
unplugged the heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the
moon. He tends to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that
electric space heater in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never
happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our
porch is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not
ignite his gas.

Install an electric floor heating system, then tile over it. Not only
will your feet
be warm, but heat rises.
Lou

Smitty Two November 2nd 07 04:36 PM

franz frippl wrote:

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:39:33 -0500, oggtiutb wrote:

My husband came home from work and he was really cold. He sat down in
front of an electric space heater on the porch and fell asleep. I went
to wake him to tell him to go to bed. As he was waking, he let out a
gigantic fart only inches from that heater. I immediately unplugged the
heater. Otherwise we would have blown this place to the moon. He tends
to get the farts quite often. I am tossing that electric space heater
in the trash tomorrow so the explosion never happens from his gas.

But what kind of heater can I get that will not ignite farts? Our porch
is always cold so we need some sort of heater that will not ignite his
gas.

Replace your husband. Keep the space heater.

Does Habitat for Humanity accept used spouses?