DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Donating Kitchen Cabinets??? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219521-donating-kitchen-cabinets.html)

JB October 31st 07 01:52 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

LouB October 31st 07 02:15 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

JB wrote:
I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

Habitat for Humanity is probably a good place to start.
http://www.habitat.org/

Lou

Doug Miller October 31st 07 02:18 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

Also see if there's a freecycle group nearby: www.freecycle.org

--
Regards,

Mike Paulsen October 31st 07 02:19 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

http://www.habitatnova.org/restore/

JB October 31st 07 02:28 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

Yup...that did it. They have a link to "ReStore". Free pickup!

Thanks.

--Jeff

tomris October 31st 07 03:08 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

http://cnd-industry.com/

jthread October 31st 07 06:43 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

"JB" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

a real quick way (to get rid of them) is put them on craigslist with a
picture. i put my old cabinets on cl and they were gone in about 5 min.

Dee November 1st 07 01:02 PM

Donating Kitchen Cabinets???

JB wrote in
ups.com:

I've heard you can donate cabinets (and other home fixtures) for re-
sale to the less fortunate rather than put them out for the trash
haulers and add to a landfill. I'm having trouble finding a website
or info for the Washington DC metro area.

Any pointers?? THanks!

--Jeff

When I remodeled my kitchen I donated the cabinets, countertop, sink and
faucet to St. Vincent de Paul.

Dee