Posted to alt.home.repair

Default one piece toilet

Ok. I have read all the other seal and flapper problems. I know that
the seal is problem. How do i get the assembly out to replace the
seal. I believe that what I have is a Kohler, it has a Karat stampet
on the rim. So, the problem I have is the removal of the aseembly to
get the seal off. Please, any ideas are helpful. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 31, 9:46 am, Speedy Jim wrote:
wrote:
Ok. I have read all the other seal and flapper problems. I know that
the seal is problem. How do i get the assembly out to replace the
seal. I believe that what I have is a Kohler, it has a Karat stampet
on the rim. So, the problem I have is the removal of the aseembly to
get the seal off. Please, any ideas are helpful. Thanks.

Is it this old one?http://www.plumbingworld.com/flushvalvebykohler.html

and:http://www.terrylove.com/wwwboard/messages2/34252.html

Jim

No it is not.
If you are looking at the hole from the top, there are four nubs at
the bottom rim. I believe these nubs are for the screwing and
unscrewing of this assemby. The problem is that I cant or dont know
how to get to these nubs. I have tried using just my hands but I am
afraid that if I do it too hard I will break the assmbly. I purchased
the adjustable wrench that looks like a pitch fork. The fork is not
long enough to get the nubs. Thanks again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Can you post a photo on some photo site (not here)?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Look up your toilet here. This place has everything including sketches
and diagrams.

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/

Then post a link of which toilet you have.