Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dishwasher electrical connections

I'm replacing the water valve on my Frigidaire Model FDB636GFR2
Dishwasher.

Two wires connect, via slip-on connectors, to the solenoid on the
water valve. One wire is white and the other wire is orange. Which
wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Al,

I Google'd: Which wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid?
dishwasher

The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in
Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing
the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to
what terminal. Can you clarify?

Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi Al,

I Google'd: Which wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid?
dishwasher

The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in
Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing
the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to
what terminal. Can you clarify? (I don't want to blow up the
dishwasher by cross-wiring.)

Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

According to gary :
The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in
Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing
the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to
what terminal. Can you clarify? (I don't want to blow up the
dishwasher by cross-wiring.)

As a general rule, mapping out electrical connections before you
take them apart is a good habit to get into.

However, in the case of a 120V AC solenoid valve, it doesn't matter
which way around the leads are, and most DWs will have exactly that.
--
Chris Lewis,