Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I know what brand is my Kitchen Fucet

I've been trying to figure out the brand of my Faucet so I can buy
replacment parts (Diverter) but I can't see a brand anywhere...

I've pulled it apart (only the top part) to see if I could fin a brand
anywhere, I compared to the major brands and it douesn't look anything
alike.

Is there a standard place where the manufacturer usually put the
brand? I couldn't find anything on the handle or the spout.

Thank you in advance
Carlo

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 30, 9:10 am, dpb wrote:
wrote:
I've been trying to figure out the brand of my Faucet so I can buy
replacment parts (Diverter) but I can't see a brand anywhere...

I've pulled it apart (only the top part) to see if I could fin a brand
anywhere, I compared to the major brands and it douesn't look anything
alike.

Is there a standard place where the manufacturer usually put the
brand? I couldn't find anything on the handle or the spout.

In general, not that I'm aware of...sometimes if they're the cartridge
type you can tell from the cartridge itself which it is or is a knockoff
of. May be best bet is to take what you need a replacement for to the
local Ace or equivalent and see if can match it w/ a generic. Failing
that, the actual "real" plumbing supply distributors can likely help.

The only other places I've seen stuff stamped tends to be on the
mounting hardware...

--

As mentioned by the previous poster, take the parts you want to
replace with you. The best bet would be a plumbing and electrical

If you are female, even better....If you have a cute 20-ish blonde
woman you can recruit, send her my way...opps I mean send her in to
the store.