DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Unsticking a corner cabinet carousel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219346-unsticking-corner-cabinet-carousel.html)

Christopher Nelson October 30th 07 02:23 AM

Unsticking a corner cabinet carousel

If all goes well, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. The
house passed a detailed structural inspection with a few things we
need to look into but nothing serious. One major annoyance is that
the kitchen cabinets have a corner carousel that operates only with
difficulty. What is there to clean or oil? I can't find any generic
directions on fixing this sort of thing and I've never had one in my
house before.

Manster October 30th 07 01:30 PM

Christopher Nelson wrote:
If all goes well, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. The
house passed a detailed structural inspection with a few things we
need to look into but nothing serious. One major annoyance is that
the kitchen cabinets have a corner carousel that operates only with
difficulty. What is there to clean or oil? I can't find any generic
directions on fixing this sort of thing and I've never had one in my
house before.

Has it been painted? Look closely, there may be a few set screws
holding the works together.

Manster October 30th 07 01:55 PM

Christopher Nelson wrote:
If all goes well, I'll be moving into a new house in a few weeks. The
house passed a detailed structural inspection with a few things we
need to look into but nothing serious. One major annoyance is that
the kitchen cabinets have a corner carousel that operates only with
difficulty. What is there to clean or oil? I can't find any generic
directions on fixing this sort of thing and I've never had one in my
house before.

Has it been painted? Look closely, there may be a few set screws
holding the works together.

No, no paint.

May have been stiff since it was installed. My guess is they installed
it in the base unit, there's a rod that slips through the round shelves
and sits inside a base of some sort, then they then installed the
counter top and sandwiched it in. Take a close look at the ends where
it's attached somehow to the base or under the counter. Maybe a spot
there to spray some WD40.

If you decide you want it out entirely you could remove it easily enough
by cutting the rod.