DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Butane Powered Soldering Irons (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219312-butane-powered-soldering-irons.html)

hobbes October 29th 07 10:00 PM

Butane Powered Soldering Irons

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Butane gas powered soldering iron to help
in installing some landscape low voltage lighting.

I was thinking about a Weller P2C or Weller PSI100C.

Anybody used one of these before / have any advice?

Best, Mike.

Jeff Wisnia October 30th 07 12:08 AM

hobbes wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Butane gas powered soldering iron to help
in installing some landscape low voltage lighting.

I was thinking about a Weller P2C or Weller PSI100C.

Anybody used one of these before / have any advice?

Best, Mike.

They work fine for your application, and are much better than those
wimpy dry cell operated soldering irons, which will barely solder a
twisted joint made from #40 wire. G

Try and shield your work from drafts if it's cold and windy out. It's
amazing how much heat a breeze can carry away.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

[email protected] October 31st 07 06:35 AM

Butane Powered Soldering Irons

Hi, I have used one for many years. Works great for small stuff.