Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pump out oil tank

"jtees4" wrote in message
I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

We had to decommission an old in-ground tank when selling our house. We
called a local charity that provides discounted heating oil for "working
poor" families. They came and pumped it out for us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

I cut a hole and dipped it out with a 5 gallon bucket. Then used a mop on
the rest.

"jtees4" wrote in message
I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"jtees4" wrote in message

I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I had this problem also but I was still using the old oil burner. I
removed the return line and put it in a 55 gal drum...as the furnace
was running it pumped (nearly all) the old into the drum in a
relatively short time.
I used the drum to feed the furnace until I replace it with a gas one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I tried to find local charity, but none were interested. I posted a
Cragslist ad, free oil if you pump it out yourself. Got about 20