DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pump out oil tank (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219269-pump-out-oil-tank.html)

G Wood October 29th 07 07:05 PM

Pump out oil tank

"jtees4" wrote in message
I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

We had to decommission an old in-ground tank when selling our house. We
called a local charity that provides discounted heating oil for "working
poor" families. They came and pumped it out for us.

jtees4 October 29th 07 07:44 PM

Pump out oil tank

Pat October 30th 07 02:55 AM

Pump out oil tank

I cut a hole and dipped it out with a 5 gallon bucket. Then used a mop on
the rest.

[email protected] October 30th 07 10:05 AM

Pump out oil tank

"jtees4" wrote in message

I have to siphon out oil from a buried oil tank so that I can get rid
of it. What is the easiest way to do this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I had this problem also but I was still using the old oil burner. I
removed the return line and put it in a 55 gal drum...as the furnace
was running it pumped (nearly all) the old into the drum in a
relatively short time.
I used the drum to feed the furnace until I replace it with a gas one.

jtees4 October 30th 07 05:48 PM

Pump out oil tank

I tried to find local charity, but none were interested. I posted a
Cragslist ad, free oil if you pump it out yourself. Got about 20