Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 120V vs 240V for heated floors and also in general

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the whole 120V vs 240V things. More
specifically, I'm now deciding whether to put in 120V or 240V mats to
heat the tile in my bathroom. My electrician told me to "of course,
put in 240V" because you then need a smaller current for the same
amount of energy. Yeah - I understand that from my physics class - but
so what? Is it safer? Is it more efficient? Does it work faster?

Further, I called the floor heat company and they told me that 120V is
for up to 150 sq ft and 240V is for 150 sq ft to 300 sq ft. So I don't
know which one to go with anymore.

Please shed some light on this issue. Thank you!

Aaron Fude

120V light on 240V? nads Home Repair 14 February 26th 07 06:11 AM
running 120V muffin fan on 240V [email protected] Electronics 14 February 3rd 07 03:16 AM
Yet another question about 240v to two 120v outlets JustSomeShmoe Home Repair 12 November 1st 05 12:04 AM
240v -vs- 120v equipment wiring? SomeBody Metalworking 9 June 7th 05 03:12 AM
Confused 120v & 240v Wiring - Please Help James UK diy 4 November 2nd 03 06:14 PM