DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   do cordless leaf blowers have any guts? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219224-do-cordless-leaf-blowers-have-any-guts.html)

Leonardo[_2_] October 29th 07 12:46 PM

do cordless leaf blowers have any guts?

My 180mph Ryobi gave up and I'd like to eliminate one more foul ass
stinkin' 2 stoke from my life. Are there cordless models that would be
roughly equivalent in power?

LA

Toller October 29th 07 02:31 PM

do cordless leaf blowers have any guts?

"Leonardo" wrote in message
et...

My 180mph Ryobi gave up and I'd like to eliminate one more foul ass
stinkin' 2 stoke from my life. Are there cordless models that would be
roughly equivalent in power?

corded electric are pretty useless except for little spots. Cordless...
right.
I got a used 4 cycle on wheels last years; that's the way to do it.

Joe October 29th 07 07:15 PM

Leonardo wrote:
My 180mph Ryobi gave up and I'd like to eliminate one more foul ass
stinkin' 2 stoke from my life. Are there cordless models that would be
roughly equivalent in power?

LA

On my third year with a corded Toro blower/chopper. It's a real heller
as a vac/chopper and neighbors are delighted to have the output
(bagged) for garden compost. Works best with the big 40 gallon el
cheapo garbage bags from Sam's, about $9 for half a hundred or so
IIRC. HTH

Joe

hobbes October 30th 07 11:10 AM

On Oct 29, 7:46 am, Leonardo wrote:
My 180mph Ryobi gave up and I'd like to eliminate one more foul ass
stinkin' 2 stoke from my life. Are there cordless models that would be
roughly equivalent in power?

LA

Hi,

I have a Redmax EBZ8000 backpack blower. It is a two stroke though. I
have hills and slopes, so this works well for me.

Best, Mike.

Phisherman October 30th 07 08:18 PM

do cordless leaf blowers have any guts?

Power means a lot. I can move a 10-foot pile of leaves easily with my
Husqurvana backpack blower. Have to be careful though, point it at
the ground and the force will throw you back (I'm 160#). My neighbor
has an electric model and it takes him 2 days to get all the leaves
into a pile. It takes me 2 hours.