Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Need Ideas For Scarecrow Heads

There is currently a family of scarecrows sitting around a picnic
table in my front yard who are all in need of heads.

Mom, Dad and 2 kids, constructed of jeans and flannel shirts stuffed
with leaves, are enjoying a dinner of rubber rats at a table set with
black plates and orange cups. A strobe light provides the eerily
romantic lighting.

I'm looking for simple ideas for heads/faces - something that's cheap,
quick to make and will stay upright without too much fuss.

As pre-payment for ideas, I'll offer an idea for your yard:

Stuff one leg of a pair of jeans and half a shirt with leaves.
Position them "face down" on the lawn and park your lawnmower on top
so that just the stuffed parts of the clothes are showing. The same
thing can be done with the garage door.

Thanks in advance for the "heads up". ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 10:43 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
There is currently a family of scarecrows sitting around a picnic
table in my front yard who are all in need of heads.

Mom, Dad and 2 kids, constructed of jeans and flannel shirts stuffed
with leaves, are enjoying a dinner of rubber rats at a table set with
black plates and orange cups. A strobe light provides the eerily
romantic lighting.

I'm looking for simple ideas for heads/faces - something that's cheap,
quick to make and will stay upright without too much fuss.

As pre-payment for ideas, I'll offer an idea for your yard:

Stuff one leg of a pair of jeans and half a shirt with leaves.
Position them "face down" on the lawn and park your lawnmower on top
so that just the stuffed parts of the clothes are showing. The same
thing can be done with the garage door.

Thanks in advance for the "heads up". ;-)

We just went through this at our house. My wife went to the local
Sally Beauty Supplies store and got several of the styrofoam heads
that ladies use to store their wigs. They were 3.99 each, pretty
cheap, and even have a hole in the bottom to fit a broomstick neck.
My son painted faces on them as they already have a fully contoured
face shape.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:43:03 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

There is currently a family of scarecrows sitting around a picnic
table in my front yard who are all in need of heads.

Mom, Dad and 2 kids, constructed of jeans and flannel shirts stuffed
with leaves, are enjoying a dinner of rubber rats at a table set with
black plates and orange cups. A strobe light provides the eerily
romantic lighting.

I'm looking for simple ideas for heads/faces - something that's cheap,
quick to make and will stay upright without too much fuss.

As pre-payment for ideas, I'll offer an idea for your yard:

Stuff one leg of a pair of jeans and half a shirt with leaves.
Position them "face down" on the lawn and park your lawnmower on top
so that just the stuffed parts of the clothes are showing. The same
thing can be done with the garage door.

Thanks in advance for the "heads up". ;-)

It's halloween, anything goes......
Use a real head. There are plenty around, you just got to remove em.
Or, if you are female, cut off your husbands dick and use that.
Just call your scarecrow a dickhead..... LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Oct, 13:13, RickH wrote:
[...]

face shape.- Hide quoted text -

Got the styrofoam heads for $3.49 from Sallys. A couple of Dollar
Store masks and some odds and ends from the kid's Halloween box and
the scarecrows are complete.

I ran across a site that talked about starting with the styrofoam
heads and adding bondo and movie make-up to make some really creepy
heads. Maybe I'll try a couple for next year.

Thanks for the heads up TrailRat Woodworking 2 December 28th 05 02:33 PM
Heads up :( [email protected] Home Repair 14 October 16th 05 01:11 AM
Action Figure Scarecrow frame afdr9lk Metalworking 1 October 9th 05 07:37 PM
Heads Up OU Michael Mcneil UK diy 2 July 21st 05 07:32 AM
Have the CBS heads gone mad? jim rozen Metalworking 2 September 17th 04 05:35 AM