Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant Plus 90 furnace (gas heater) error code 33

Hi there, how are you doing?

We have a "Bryant Plus 90" which was purchased about 10-13 years ago.
It's been working great until about a year ago we had to "reset" it
and it went back to work. Recently the LED shows a error code (31,
three short blink and then one long blink) which according to the
manual meaning:

PRSSURE, DRAFT SAFGUARD, AUX-LIMIT SWITCH(WHEN USED)OR BLOCKED VENT
SWITCH(WHEN USED) DID NOT CLOSE OR REOPENED (DOWNFLOWONLY)
If open longer than five minutes, inducer shuts off for 15 minutes
before retry.
Check for:

* proper vent sizing
* defective inducer motor
* restricted vent
* excessive wind
* low inducer voltage(115VAC)
* defective blower motor or capacitor
* defective pressure switch
* inadequate combusstion air supply
* disconnected or obstructed pressure tubing

If it opens after trial for ignition period, blower will come on for
90 sec. recycle delay.
--

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about typically for such as
gas heater, if got this type of error code (33), what type of problem

Posted to alt.home.repair

W.H. wrote:
[...]

Is the inducer motor running? That is the motor that takes the exhaust
from the flame out the flu.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 28, 4:30 pm, "W.H." wrote:
[...]

The pressure sensor or its connecting tubing are logical sources for
that symptom assuming the blower motor is still functional. A good
source for parts and advice is arnoldservice.com. Good luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"W.H." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The unit needs to be tested by a competent HVAC technician.
Everything else would be a guess, so why not call your HVAC guy and get it
repaired?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:80c4a$47254794$9440c41e$20955
@STARBAND.NET:

"W.H." wrote in message
[...]

In other words you know nothing about the system and have nothing to

offer.

Yeah, I see you offered a whole lot of information.
What do you suggest he do, change the air filter? LOL