DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pressure washer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/219096-pressure-washer.html)

Herb and Eneva October 28th 07 11:18 AM

pressure washer

Hey y`all What do I need to do to my pressure washer for the
winter? Can I just run it to drain the pump and keep it in the unheated
garage? I would hate to have the pump freeze and crack. TIA

[email protected] October 28th 07 01:35 PM

pressure washer

On Oct 28, 6:18?am, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:
Hey y`all What do I need to do to my pressure washer for the
winter? Can I just run it to drain the pump and keep it in the unheated
garage? I would hate to have the pump freeze and crack. TIA

keep in a heated area, since its hard to get ALL the water out.

I ruined one in a semi heated attached garage, parts cost more than a
new unit:(

I suspect freezing effects the seals somehow

[email protected] October 28th 07 02:32 PM

pressure washer

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 06:18:17 -0500, (Herb and Eneva)
wrote:

Hey y`all What do I need to do to my pressure washer for the
winter? Can I just run it to drain the pump and keep it in the unheated
garage? I would hate to have the pump freeze and crack. TIA

Engine: Run the gas out of it or mix Stabil into a full gas tank.

Pump: Manually fill the pump with RV antifreeze............
To manually fill just rig a funnel to the pump inlet
and with the ignition off crank the engine until the
antifreeze runs out of the pump. Do not use standard
antifreeze. Use RV antifreeze.

Or purchase a aerosol can of pump antifreeze
for the same purpose.