Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sunsetter Awning -- Lowes

Anybody else here have a Sunsetter retractable patio awning.

I'm thinking about ordering one from the manufacturer -- not Lowes although
my local Lowes carry them.

Opinions?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

I installed one a few months ago and it is as good as advertised.Install is
easy.The remote feature is real nice.
"DonC" wrote in message
Anybody else here have a Sunsetter retractable patio awning.

I'm thinking about ordering one from the manufacturer -- not Lowes
although my local Lowes carry them.

Opinions?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DonC" wrote in message
Anybody else here have a Sunsetter retractable patio awning.

I'm thinking about ordering one from the manufacturer -- not Lowes
although my local Lowes carry them.

Opinions?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning on an 18 footer. Would that install
still be classed as "easy"?

I originally planned a soffit mount. The soffit surface is 3" wide (3x8s --
24" OC) and 101" above my patio. I could also wall mount it on the 4x8 beam
the 3x8s rest on which would give me more flexibility regarding where I bolt
the brackets. I think the mount height would be the same either way. Is
there any advantage to either?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

The install is the same for all sizes.Mounting the brackets will be the
same.You must be sure to have 3/4 helpers when your ready to mount it to the
brackets.This takes no time at all if you took the time to mount the
brackets perfectly in line.All this is on their web site.

"DonC" wrote in message
Anybody else here have a Sunsetter retractable patio awning.

I'm thinking about ordering one from the manufacturer -- not Lowes
although my local Lowes carry them.

Opinions?

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning on an 18 footer. Would that
install still be classed as "easy"?

I originally planned a soffit mount. The soffit surface is 3" wide
(3x8s -- 24" OC) and 101" above my patio. I could also wall mount it on
the 4x8 beam the 3x8s rest on which would give me more flexibility
regarding where I bolt the brackets. I think the mount height would be the
same either way. Is there any advantage to either?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"joe" wrote in message
The install is the same for all sizes.Mounting the brackets will be the
same.You must be sure to have 3/4 helpers when your ready to mount it to
the brackets.This takes no time at all if you took the time to mount the
brackets perfectly in line.All this is on their web site.

I couldn't find any installation info on their web site. I must be looking
at the wrong place.
http://www.sunsetter.com/simple_installation.asp Doesn't give any details
at all.

All it says is: "All you need is a few simple tools and you can have your
SunSetter up and working in just a morning."

Can you give me a better link?

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 10/27/2007 5:59 PM DonC said the following:
"joe" wrote in message

The install is the same for all sizes.Mounting the brackets will be the
same.You must be sure to have 3/4 helpers when your ready to mount it to
the brackets.This takes no time at all if you took the time to mount the
brackets perfectly in line.All this is on their web site.

I couldn't find any installation info on their web site. I must be looking
at the wrong place.
http://www.sunsetter.com/simple_installation.asp Doesn't give any details
at all.

All it says is: "All you need is a few simple tools and you can have your
SunSetter up and working in just a morning."

Can you give me a better link?

There is a link for a free DVD and a $201 savings.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

"joe" wrote in message

The install is the same for all sizes.Mounting the brackets will be the
same.You must be sure to have 3/4 helpers when your ready to mount it to
the brackets.This takes no time at all if you took the time to mount the
brackets perfectly in line.All this is on their web site.

I couldn't find any installation info on their web site. I must be
looking at the wrong place.
http://www.sunsetter.com/simple_installation.asp Doesn't give any
details at all.

All it says is: "All you need is a few simple tools and you can have your
SunSetter up and working in just a morning."

Can you give me a better link?

There is a link for a free DVD and a $201 savings.

I ordered that one a couple days ago. The $201 savings and free cover are
automatic through Dec 3, 2007. Guess I'll just have to wait. It sure would
be nice to get some engineering data, fabricate samples, etc. before making
a decision on a $2000 purchase though.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

that link is about as good as it gets.did you really look it over.did you
look at the included video?I think if you need more info -make the phone
call.

"joe" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"joe" wrote in message
that link is about as good as it gets.did you really look it over.did you
look at the included video?I think if you need more info -make the phone
call.

Ordered the DVD and info kit on Oct 25. Haven't received it yet.

I'm planning on calling them on Monday. I'm hoping they can connect me with
someone who can help.

If I can't get the info I'm after, I'll move onto plan B: contact a local
contractor. He should have what I need but I really don't like wasting his
time when I plan to buy it on-line as a DIY project. I briefly mentioned
it to the windows & doors rep at Lowes. I bought $2,000 in doors and
installation from them on Friday. I'll press him for more info next week.

Thanks again.

There is a link for a free DVD and a $201 savings.

I ordered that one a couple days ago. The $201 savings and free cover
are
automatic through Dec 3, 2007. Guess I'll just have to wait. It sure
would
be nice to get some engineering data, fabricate samples, etc. before
making
a decision on a $2000 purchase though.

Awning Problems [email protected] Home Repair 1 December 9th 06 09:31 PM
Sunsetter Awnings TMC Home Repair 3 June 8th 06 03:31 AM
Sunsetter Awning Collapse Malcolm Moovis Home Repair 4 July 25th 05 11:00 PM
Mould on Awning Cattrell UK diy 3 May 28th 05 11:16 AM
Sunsetter Awning? Sparky Home Repair 2 April 19th 05 12:53 AM