Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Opinions Sought on Williamson Boilers

Hello,
My GF has just been told that her oil burner/boiler needs
replacement. (It is a 30-yr old Ultimate.) I will not be at her
location for some time and can therefore not do an assessment of the
tech' s statement (or hers- something about "flame showing through a
crack" and "plugged grates") but, assuming replacement is necessary, I
would like your opinion of Williamson which some say is basically a
re-labeled Weil McLain sold at a slightly lower price. (The tech who
came to clean her burner recommended the Williamson.)
She's not the kind of person who always wants the best,
or the most expensive with the latest technology. She just
wants a decent moderately priced heat source. (I suspect
these boilers are not as efficient as some others.)
Can she go seriously wrong with a Williamson?
Many thanks for help.
Frank
P.S. She has always had her burner cleaned every year.
Will she have to have the new one cleaned every year?
(I say it's unnecessary.)
Also, is the Williamson particularly noisy?
Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"frank1492" wrote in message
[...]

I've never known Weil McLain to relabel their units...
Why not call 219-879-6561 and ask them directly?

P.S. She has always had her burner cleaned every year.
Will she have to have the new one cleaned every year?
(I say it's unnecessary.)

Fuel burning equipment needs to be serviced annually.
Unless you like taking unnecessary risks that can lead to your death.

Also, is the Williamson particularly noisy?

A properly installed boiler won't be noisy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you. I am told Williamson was acquired by WM and that
the units looked similar.
Are there statistics regarding deaths due to unserviced oil
burners? If so, could you please point me to those.
Weren't there some noisy Lennox boilers of years back that
used something called "pulse technology?" I seem to remember
reading about something like that.
Frank

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:59:44 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"frank1492" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"frank1492" wrote in message
Thank you. I am told Williamson was acquired by WM and that
the units looked similar.
Are there statistics regarding deaths due to unserviced oil
burners? If so, could you please point me to those.
Weren't there some noisy Lennox boilers of years back that
used something called "pulse technology?" I seem to remember
reading about something like that.
Frank

The Pulse is no longer manufactured due to related DEATHS from Carbon
Monoxide.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
frank1492 wrote in
:

Thank you. I am told Williamson was acquired by WM and that
the units looked similar.
Are there statistics regarding deaths due to unserviced oil
burners? If so, could you please point me to those.
Weren't there some noisy Lennox boilers of years back that
used something called "pulse technology?" I seem to remember
reading about something like that.
Frank

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:59:44 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"frank1492" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Don't expect useful information from the fraud kj. He just makes things up
and hopes people don't see through it.

That's your job asswipe.
Do you have anything to offer to the members here or are you just going to
show your ignorance with every post?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Clark" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in news:d7d09$47254a44$9440c41e$21432
@STARBAND.NET:

"Clark" wrote in message
frank1492 wrote in
:

Thank you. I am told Williamson was acquired by WM and that
the units looked similar.
Are there statistics regarding deaths due to unserviced oil
burners? If so, could you please point me to those.
Weren't there some noisy Lennox boilers of years back that
used something called "pulse technology?" I seem to remember
reading about something like that.
Frank

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:59:44 -0500, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"frank1492" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Exposing your BS is enough for this thread. It's clear you have nothing to
offer.

I guess you missed the FACT the original poster THANKED me.
Keep posting inaccurate **** as always, I know that's all you have.