Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hunter pgp sprinkler wrench

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the
hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot
carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?

Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:04:32 -0500, observer wrote:

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the
hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot
carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?

Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?

If you've got the wrenches, can't you try them to see what fits?

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , observer writes:

| Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
| PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ?

The arc adjustment doesn't use the hex wrench; it uses the little plastic
wing/tab. The hex wrench adjusts the radius (flow) only.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:05:17 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:04:32 -0500, observer wrote:

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the
hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot
carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?

Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?

If you've got the wrenches, can't you try them to see what fits?

Yes, I already tried and I couldn't get about 4 or 5 to fit (smaller
sizes in my set) so I decided to ask rather than try in vain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct 2007 05:40:01 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

In article , observer writes:

| Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
| PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ?

The arc adjustment doesn't use the hex wrench; it uses the little plastic
wing/tab. The hex wrench adjusts the radius (flow) only.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Dan, maybe I didn't understand the manual correctly because I thought
it was the other way around but thanks for the correction. I'll
reread the manual (on line since I didn't get one).

Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a
bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at
least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call
an outfit or do it myself.

thank you again for the help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:04:32 -0500, observer wrote:

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the
hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot
carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?

Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?

If you've got the wrenches, can't you try them to see what fits?

Yes, I already tried and I couldn't get about 4 or 5 to fit (smaller
sizes in my set) so I decided to ask rather than try in vain.

Does trying cause any damage? If seems so much faster and easier that
asking and waiting.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , observer writes:

| Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a
| bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at
| least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call
| an outfit or do it myself.

To adjust the non-adjustable side of the arc you have to unscrew the
head from the body and rotate it. There is nothing intrinsically
difficult about this, but you have to trade off how much of the lawn
you want to disturb against the risk of getting dirt inside the body.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 4:54 pm, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:
In article , observer writes:

| Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a
| bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at
| least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call
| an outfit or do it myself.

To adjust the non-adjustable side of the arc you have to unscrew the
head from the body and rotate it. There is nothing intrinsically
difficult about this, but you have to trade off how much of the lawn
you want to disturb against the risk of getting dirt inside the body.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

You can also just rotate the whole head assembly with a large pair or
pliers to set the non-adjustable end of the sweep. If you move it
an 1/8 of a turn or so it's not likely to affect it leaking.

Regarding the adjustment tool, a local plumbing supply or irrigation
supplier that carries Hunter will have them. You could also check
Ebay, might find it there, or email someone on Ebay that sells Hunter
and ask them if they will send you one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:04:32 -0500, observer wrote:

Does anyone know the size of the hex wrench that adjusts the Hunter
PGP sprinkler heads (arc adjustment) ? I'd like to use one of the
hex wrenches in a set I own to adjust it or does Lowes or Home Depot
carry the Hunter tools for their pgp heads?

Is the same hex wrench also adjust the radius (distance of throw) ?

If you've got the wrenches, can't you try them to see what fits?

Yes, I already tried and I couldn't get about 4 or 5 to fit (smaller
sizes in my set) so I decided to ask rather than try in vain.

Does trying cause any damage? If seems so much faster and easier that
asking and waiting.

If I didn't think it was worth asking, I wouldn't ask.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 26 Oct 2007 20:54:33 GMT, ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote:

In article , observer writes:

| Upon reading another manual (perhaps more complete on line) it gets a
| bit more complicated to adjust the RIGHT arc stop which I need on at
| least one maybe two heads. Oh well I'll decide whether I should call
| an outfit or do it myself.

To adjust the non-adjustable side of the arc you have to unscrew the
head from the body and rotate it. There is nothing intrinsically
difficult about this, but you have to trade off how much of the lawn
you want to disturb against the risk of getting dirt inside the body.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Thanks Dan.

Old Hunter Fan Installation Harry Home Repair 6 January 10th 07 02:17 AM
Installing sprinkler to an existing sprinkler system. MOEE Home Ownership 1 September 14th 06 09:53 PM
Hunter fan remotes Kevin Jayne Home Repair 1 February 10th 06 12:11 PM
Hunter PGP Sprinkler Heads ?? James Home Repair 6 September 19th 05 02:54 PM
Hunter Electronic Thermostat Larry Weil Home Repair 6 August 16th 04 06:45 PM