Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Wiring

I plan to bring power to my garage's sub-panel from a sub-panel at the
pump house. The garage is situated on a rock built-up base/fill. My
question is what is the burial requirements at the garage base/fill
and at the flat area between the garage and the pump house. I
understand that code is 18" with PVC. But that would be hard to do at
the garage base/fill. Would Sch 80 PVC require less cover? Any
suggestions. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I plan to bring power to my garage's sub-panel from a sub-panel at the
pump house. The garage is situated on a rock built-up base/fill. My
question is what is the burial requirements at the garage base/fill
and at the flat area between the garage and the pump house. I
understand that code is 18" with PVC. But that would be hard to do at
the garage base/fill. Would Sch 80 PVC require less cover? Any
suggestions. Thanks.

You can use rigid galvanized pipe at 6" unless it goes under a driveway. In
that case it would have to be 18".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is there a permit involved? Or any other chance of do gooders intervention?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I plan to bring power to my garage's sub-panel from a sub-panel at the
pump house. The garage is situated on a rock built-up base/fill. My
question is what is the burial requirements at the garage base/fill
and at the flat area between the garage and the pump house. I
understand that code is 18" with PVC. But that would be hard to do at
the garage base/fill. Would Sch 80 PVC require less cover? Any
suggestions. Thanks.

Help with Electrical Wiring ,please travelingart Home Repair 4 October 13th 07 11:01 PM
Electrical Wiring [email protected] UK diy 4 October 6th 07 10:03 PM
Electrical wiring [email protected] Woodworking 84 August 30th 07 05:24 AM
Electrical wiring Q. Grumps UK diy 14 August 15th 06 10:12 PM
Do Your Own Electrical Wiring Tank Home Repair 4 July 15th 05 04:58 AM