Posted to alt.home.repair

Default model number old Bolens snowblower

I just picked up an old Bolens Artic 75 snowblower on ebay for $50.

The model and serial number were on a decal that Bolens placed near
the bottom of the blower so though the Bolens name is still visible-
the numbers are long gone.

The motor is a Tecumseh H70 - is there any way of coming up with a
model number that way? [I'm interested in case I need to buy some
parts for it- right now it looks to be good for a couple years, after
I pick up a new belt.]

I found a couple Bolens tractor forums online- I thought there used to
be a 'vintage snowblower' forum. Can't seem to find it today.
Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 24 Oct, 14:48, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
I just picked up an old Bolens Artic 75 snowblower on ebay for $50.

The model and serial number were on a decal that Bolens placed near
the bottom of the blower so though the Bolens name is still visible-
the numbers are long gone.

The motor is a Tecumseh H70 - is there any way of coming up with a
model number that way? [I'm interested in case I need to buy some
parts for it- right now it looks to be good for a couple years, after
I pick up a new belt.]

I found a couple Bolens tractor forums online- I thought there used to
be a 'vintage snowblower' forum. Can't seem to find it today.
Jim

Work backwards...if you are able to find a belt that fits without a
model number, maybe you can find all the model numbers that used that
sized belt and then use other details to narrow it down from there.

Kinda like that database they use on Criminal Minds...

"Garcia, give me the names of all adopted males over 6 feet tall who
lived in a house with 3 deaf females and also worked in a pizza shop
from 1986 to 1989."

Snowblower model number 6709 djogon Home Repair 20 September 2nd 06 04:32 PM
Determining model number of freezer Dick Adams Home Repair 5 May 10th 06 09:23 PM
Model number update..PLC8800N Lonny Electronics Repair 0 February 10th 05 08:24 PM
OT drill model number Ron Woodworking 1 December 20th 04 04:30 AM
RCA CTC135A/B (I think this is the chasis number I don't have model number) Color is screwed up. Robbie McFerren Electronics Repair 8 September 23rd 04 09:33 PM