DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DIY A/C Repair - Capacitor Replacement Guide (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218649-diy-c-repair-capacitor-replacement-guide.html)

Paul Michaels October 24th 07 07:24 PM

DIY A/C Repair - Capacitor Replacement Guide

The other day my air conditioner started blowing out warm air and I
really didn't want to call an HVAC company unless I absolutely had
to.

From doing some online troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the dual

run/start capacitor being faulty. I took pictures and wrote up a
guide. I'm sure most of you could swap one of these out with your eyes
closed but hopefully someone will find it useful.

Here's the guide -
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/A...ide/index.html

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Sam October 27th 07 06:19 PM

DIY A/C Repair - Capacitor Replacement Guide

Thanks, Paul.
Very well illustrated instructions. I think even I could do it.

"Paul Michaels" wrote in message
ups.com...
The other day my air conditioner started blowing out warm air and I
really didn't want to call an HVAC company unless I absolutely had
to.

From doing some online troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the dual