Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring 2 switches to an outlet.

Ok , here's the scenario , I have a middle of the run outlet and I
want to run 2 switches that will run 2 different light fixtures. Is
this possible? If so ....How?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

YES

Take power from the outlet and bring it to each switch, Or you can bring the
power from the outlet to switch one and then from switch one to switch two.
Then run a wire from the switches to the lights. DONE.

P.S. Of course this depends on how many outlets or devices are already
feeding off this power. Here 12 is the max allowed. I suggest calling a
friend who knows basic electrical, your obviously not skilled in this area.

"Pelletier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok , here's the scenario , I have a middle of the run outlet and I
want to run 2 switches that will run 2 different light fixtures. Is
this possible? If so ....How?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HotRdd wrote:
YES

Take power from the outlet and bring it to each switch, Or you can bring the
power from the outlet to switch one and then from switch one to switch two.
Then run a wire from the switches to the lights. DONE.

P.S. Of course this depends on how many outlets or devices are already
feeding off this power. Here 12 is the max allowed. I suggest calling a
friend who knows basic electrical, your obviously not skilled in this area.

"Pelletier" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok , here's the scenario , I have a middle of the run outlet and I
want to run 2 switches that will run 2 different light fixtures. Is
this possible? If so ....How?

Thanks.

Of course you need to remove the link between the halves of the outlet
first to make the switches work independently.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was looking to pull power from the outlet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25 Oct, 09:03, Pelletier wrote:
-- I was looking to pull power from the outlet.

How does "I have a middle of the run outlet" enter into this? Perhaps
we need a little more detail.

Based on the wording in your post, I had assumed you wanted to split
the receptacle and switch each one separately (e.g. for plug in lamps)
but needed to ensure that power still continued on to the downstream
outlets.

What exactly do you want to do and how does this outlet enter into it?

Wiring for switches No-one UK diy 8 August 25th 07 12:00 PM
wiring 3 switches in parallel [email protected] Home Repair 4 March 4th 07 04:52 AM
lighted switches & aluminum wiring [email protected] Home Repair 7 August 26th 06 07:47 PM
Wiring 3 way switches for detatched garage lights [email protected] Home Repair 35 December 9th 05 11:52 PM
adding an outlet next to two switches Jim Home Repair 12 July 10th 05 04:47 AM