Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Grading work

I would like to get some 6 year old pine trees taken down at the edge
of my property. I guess the area will be about 500 sq ft.

I was told that this is the time of year in GA to have this done so
the new grass will not be burned by the sun.

My concern is that when the grading is done I will not have water
build up on the lawn. I would like to be able to have a guarantee
that the lawn will slop away from the house. I would also like to be
sure that the grass will grow before next summer.

Thoughts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry" wrote in message
I would like to get some 6 year old pine trees taken down at the edge
of my property. I guess the area will be about 500 sq ft.

I was told that this is the time of year in GA to have this done so
the new grass will not be burned by the sun.

My concern is that when the grading is done I will not have water
build up on the lawn. I would like to be able to have a guarantee
that the lawn will slop away from the house. I would also like to be
sure that the grass will grow before next summer.

Thoughts?

I think you can contract with the grader for whatever kind of slope you want
and are willing to pay for. However, I don't think you can get a guarantee
for grass to grow (to what height or coverage?) within a short time limit.
But ask whoever is doing the grass work. Sod might be the answer if not too
expensive.

Don Young

Grading around the house guruocont Home Repair 7 May 26th 07 08:41 PM
Grading Lumber [email protected] Woodworking 3 March 27th 07 12:00 AM
Problem with concrete and grading Tony Karp Home Repair 6 November 13th 05 01:59 PM
Grading Wood Rick Dipper UK diy 29 October 12th 04 02:53 AM
Grading backyard question PaPaPeng Home Repair 2 September 15th 04 06:30 PM