Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Pressure Washer Maintenance

I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure
washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and
other extended periods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:10:31 -0400, Jim wrote:

I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure
washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and
other extended periods.

Engine: Run the gas out of it or mix Stabil into a full gas tank.

Pump: Manually fill the pump with RV antifreeze............
To manually fill just rig a funnel to the pump inlet
and with the ignition off crank the engine until the
antifreeze runs out of the pump. Do not use standard
antifreeze. Use RV antifreeze.

Or purchase a aerosol can of pump antifreeze
for the same purpose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim wrote:
I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure
washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and
other extended periods.

My washer recommends an antifreeze used for mobile homes. You can buy
it at hardware stores. I guess the idea is to keep the seals moist
rather than allow them to dry out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 22, 5:24 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:10:31 -0400, Jim wrote:
I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure
washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and
other extended periods.

Engine: Run the gas out of it or mix Stabil into a full gas tank.

Pump: Manually fill the pump with RV antifreeze............
To manually fill just rig a funnel to the pump inlet
and with the ignition off crank the engine until the
antifreeze runs out of the pump. Do not use standard
antifreeze. Use RV antifreeze.

Or purchase a aerosol can of pump antifreeze
for the same purpose.

Dont let it freeze, run gas dry.

Posted to alt.home.repair
j j is offline

"Jim" wrote in message
I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered pressure
washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter and
other extended periods.

Mine froze up one year. Cracked the pump inlet, damaged the trigger wand.
Luckily, I found repair parts and got it fixed.

Now, after the first frost, I remove the pump, hose and wand and store it
indoors. On my model it is a simple chore - three bolts and the pump falls
off with the hose and wand still attached.

Posted to alt.home.repair

j wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
I recently took delivery of a Sears model 752050 gas powered
pressure washer.

For winter storage the manual has several recommendations including
usage of a "pump saver" additive.

Curious what real world users recommend for storage over the winter
and other extended periods.

I put RV antifreeze in mine. Might have to pull the starter cord to pull it
into the pump. That's what the manual says to do OR use their own "special"
stuffg. Never had a problem. Also disconnect hoses and drain water from
them same as your garden hose.

HTH