DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mounting batroom bar light above vanity mirror with ceiling box? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218428-mounting-batroom-bar-light-above-vanity-mirror-ceiling-box.html)

Tube Audio October 22nd 07 09:12 PM

Mounting batroom bar light above vanity mirror with ceiling box?

I want to mount a bathroom bar light above the vanity in my bathroom.

This is old work. I already have the electrical work done and the wires are
ready the issue is that I don't have a junction box in the wall above the
mirror.

I was going to get an old work ceiling box from home depot and mount it in
the wall.

Is this the correct item to get?

Also how much weight can it support? I guess there will be some contact
force with the wall that will aid in the support.

RBM October 22nd 07 09:23 PM

Mounting batroom bar light above vanity mirror with ceiling box?

Some strip lights can accept a cable directly into the back plate. For those
that cannot, use a cut in switch box, mounted horizontally. The box can hold
six pounds, however this type of fixture is usually fastened to the wall in
addition to any box attachments.

.. .