Posted to alt.home.repair

Default circut breaker trips

Doug Miller wrote:
In article 7a14de95c79b4@uwe, "fencingmom" u38466@uwe wrote:

as soon as I turn on my dryer the circut breaker trips off. would this be a
problem with the breaker or the dryer? The dryer is only 2 years old.

You haven't provided anywhere nearly enough information to enable anyone to
even guess at the answer.

Gas or electric dryer?

Does the circuit breaker really trip the instant you turn on the dryer, or is
there a discernible delay?

Most dryers have an air-only setting; does the problem occur on that setting,
too, or just when it's set on a heating cycle?

What is the amperage of the circuit breaker?

What is the amperage listed on the dryer's electrical rating plate?

Did this problem start suddenly, or has it been intermittent and growing worse
over time?

If the problem started suddenly, did any unusual event (fire, flood, lightning
strike, mechanical damage, etc.) occur shortly before it started?

Now if this was asked on alt.hvac six responders would for sure tell him
to install a new wall thermostat. G

Nicely posed diagnostic questions Doug, you should charge more.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair

as soon as I turn on my dryer the circut breaker trips off. would this be a
problem with the breaker or the dryer? The dryer is only 2 years old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

... and touch off another two-week flame war.

Nicely posed diagnostic questions Doug, you should charge more.

Thanks, Jeff, I'm thinking about raising my rates. g We'll see what the OP
comes back with, and then maybe we'll have something to work with.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

If your dryer has a plug on it, unplug it. If the breaker resets, the
problem probably has something to do with the dryer

"fencingmom" u38466@uwe wrote in message news:7a14de95c79b4@uwe...
as soon as I turn on my dryer the circut breaker trips off. would this be
problem with the breaker or the dryer? The dryer is only 2 years old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 22, 4:29?pm, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
If your dryer has a plug on it, unplug it. If the breaker resets, the
problem probably has something to do with the dryer

"fencingmom" u38466@uwe wrote in messagenews:7a14de95c79b4@uwe...
as soon as I turn on my dryer the circut breaker trips off. would this be
problem with the breaker or the dryer? The dryer is only 2 years old.- Hide quoted text -

a frequent cause in a electric dryer is a failed heating element, they
tend to break and ground to the case

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:48:13 GMT, "fencingmom" u38466@uwe wrote:

as soon as I turn on my dryer the circut breaker trips off. would this be a
problem with the breaker or the dryer?

Yes.

The dryer is only 2 years old.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:15:05 -0300, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

And if it was me with the dryer problem. I'd answer them.

Jeff

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

wingnut wrote:

Now if this was asked on alt.hvac six responders would for sure tell
him to install a new wall thermostat. G

Alt.Hvac is trade newsgroups for tradesman. Not an appropriate group
for homeowners at all.

.... and a sorry reflection on the trade, for sure.

Hot water heater circut breaker pops JohnA Home Repair 28 March 5th 07 09:02 AM
power out but no breaker trips gartulan Home Repair 13 September 20th 06 04:43 AM
circut Breaker box jim Home Repair 3 February 11th 06 05:32 PM
circut Breaker box jim Home Repair 1 February 11th 06 03:12 PM
circuit breaker trips jozep7075 Home Ownership 4 January 14th 05 10:53 PM