Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Danger from sewer gas when soldering copper drain?

I need to repair a copper drain in an upstairs bath by re-sweating a
fitting. The house has a septic system with properly vented plumbing
stacks through the roof. Is there a danger of igniting sewer gases
when sweating this fitting?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Trav,

The trap should be blocking the sewer gas. Is it working? What do you
smell?

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Travelover wrote:
I need to repair a copper drain in an upstairs bath by re-sweating a
fitting. The house has a septic system with properly vented plumbing
stacks through the roof. Is there a danger of igniting sewer gases
when sweating this fitting?

Thanks in advance.

What do you think would happen if the sewer gas DID ignite?