Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair Whirlpool Ceramic Top Electric Range

We have gotten disgusted with waiting for the repair service scheduled
through Whirlpool.

They were supposed to have called before they arrived and they were to have
been here between 8 A.M. and Noon.

At 2:30 I called A & E Factory Service and canceled.

My wife saw a flash. and the right rear burner now does not work; it could
be something as simple as a broken wire; or,
I may have to replace the element.

I am handy and only hesitated because I was not certain as to how to remove
the ceramic top on the range.

Can anyone give a link to a web page that shows the proper procedure; or,
someone that has actually done such a replacement.

TIA George in Winter Haven FL

Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881

Posted to alt.home.repair

"barbarow" wrote in message
newsN6Si.3615$DX.871@trnddc06...
We have gotten disgusted with waiting for the repair service scheduled
through Whirlpool.

They were supposed to have called before they arrived and they were to
have been here between 8 A.M. and Noon.

At 2:30 I called A & E Factory Service and canceled.

My wife saw a flash. and the right rear burner now does not work; it could
be something as simple as a broken wire; or,
I may have to replace the element.

I am handy and only hesitated because I was not certain as to how to
remove the ceramic top on the range.

Can anyone give a link to a web page that shows the proper procedure; or,
someone that has actually done such a replacement.

TIA George in Winter Haven FL

George -- We've had several problems with our Kitchenaid cooktop -- same
design as Whirlpool. We've always relied on the factory service because of
warranty considerations, but we scheduled the work ourself rather than try
to do it through the website. We used Aaron Appliance Repair in Sebring --
a Whilrpool warranty service company -- which is only about 40 miles from
you -- I don't know whether they'll come to Winter Haven.

If your design is like ours, when you open the oven door you'll find two
screws, one on either bottom front corner of the ceramic top. First, unplug
the range and remove the unit control knobs, then remove the screws. Once
these screws are removed you can lift the top up and off and get access to
the individual burners. However, each burner comes as a complete unit and
even if just the Burner Warm warning light is faulty the entire burner has
to be replaced. We've replaced one complete burner unit, one temperature
controller rheostat and the ceramic cook top in three separate service
calls.

If the burner doesn't work, it may be the burner but also could be the
burner control unit (rheostat).

JimR, Highlands County, FL

Whirlpool Range Mark Corbelli Home Repair 5 July 3rd 07 07:26 PM
Electric ceramic range joemd7 Home Repair 1 December 12th 06 01:23 AM
Whirlpool Range jrmfzf Home Repair 1 March 6th 06 03:43 PM
Whirlpool Range jrmfzf Home Repair 9 December 25th 05 07:58 PM
Need help with Whirlpool Gas Range - oven won't light Hacksaw Home Repair 4 January 2nd 04 09:54 PM