DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scrolled Ceiling Repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/218077-scrolled-ceiling-repair.html)

Dick October 19th 07 02:37 PM

Scrolled Ceiling Repair

I have a scrolled cathedral ceiling that has developed cracks. It had
been repaired in the past by a painter. I believe all he did was fill
these cracks with paint. I intend to repair myself and would like
advise on best proceedure. Is using a small bead of silicone and
blending in with the scroll the best proceedure?

dadiOH October 19th 07 03:29 PM

Scrolled Ceiling Repair

Dick wrote:
I have a scrolled cathedral ceiling that has developed cracks. It
had been repaired in the past by a painter. I believe all he did
was fill these cracks with paint. I intend to repair myself and
would like advise on best proceedure. Is using a small bead of
silicone and blending in with the scroll the best proceedure?

Best? Don't know. Possible, yes...if you use *paintable* silicone
caulk.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

willshak October 19th 07 03:32 PM

Scrolled Ceiling Repair

on 10/19/2007 9:37 AM Dick said the following:
I have a scrolled cathedral ceiling that has developed cracks. It had
been repaired in the past by a painter. I believe all he did was fill
these cracks with paint. I intend to repair myself and would like
advise on best proceedure. Is using a small bead of silicone and
blending in with the scroll the best proceedure?

How about using spackle to fill the cracks. If they are tiny cracks,
just use your finger to fill them. If larger, I would use painter's
acrylic latex caulk.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Joe October 19th 07 10:30 PM

Scrolled Ceiling Repair

On Oct 19, 8:37 am, Dick wrote:
I have a scrolled cathedral ceiling

snip

What's a 'scrolled ceiling'? Fancy plaster? Just curious...

Joe