DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   water heater (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/217715-water-heater.html)

Frank[_5_] October 16th 07 03:27 PM

water heater

I need a new water heater(gas) after looking at boxed stock in store I noticed they state you can not ship horizontally with my suv I would have to lay it down in order to get it home. What can happen to tank?
Ktech

Doug Miller October 16th 07 03:58 PM

water heater

In article , "Frank" wrote:

I need a new water heater(gas) after looking at boxed stock in store I =
noticed they state you can not ship horizontally with my suv I would =
have to lay it down in order to get it home. What can happen to tank?

It could break. But as long as you lay it down gently, and don't hit any major
bumps, you'll probably be OK. I've moved them that way before without
problems.

Please turn off the HTML in OutHouse Express so you're not posting stuff like
what follows. This is what your post looks like in an actual newsreader:

Ktech
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C80FD6.C150DFE0

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"
META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6000.16544" name=3DGENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff
DIVFONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Unicode"I need a new water heater(gas) =
after=20
looking at boxed stock in store I noticed they state you can not ship=20
horizontally with my suv I would have to lay it down in order to get it =
home.=20
What can happen to tank?/FONT/DIV
DIVFONT face=3D"Lucida Sans Unicode"Ktech/FONT/DIV/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C80FD6.C150DFE0--

--
Regards,