Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adhesive For Holding A Ceramic Tile To Floor ?

Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

Epoxy ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin
other tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good
"glue" or adhesive for the bottoms.

Thinset

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 3:55 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

Epoxy ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

If it is only a few, you might be able to get away with some silicone
caulk.

Just a thought.

JK

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article . com, Big_Jake wrote:
On Oct 15, 3:55 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

If it is only a few, you might be able to get away with some silicone
caulk.

You might be able to get away with duct tape too. However,
I think thinset would be a better bet.

| Gary Player. |

http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Malcolm Hoar" wrote in message

You might be able to get away with duct tape too. However,
I think thinset would be a better bet.

Yes, but with duct tape all around, he won't need grout.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 1:55 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

Epoxy ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,
I would assume you are talking about floor tiles. If this is the case
the ONLY way to go is thinset.
Don't try to do half-ass job. Clean the grout and thinset under the
tiles carefully
clean old thinset underneath with chisel and put new tile on thinset.
If you want you can use spacers.

LOL on duct tape.

Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or

adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

Epoxy ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

What has always worked for me is Phenoseal adhesive calking--Home Depot or
Lowes. It has never failed to secure any two things together.
MLD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 15, 7:11 pm, (Malcolm Hoar) wrote:
In article . com, Big_Jake wrote:

On Oct 15, 3:55 pm, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have one or two ceramic tiles in the hall that have become loose.

No problem in finding a good grout for the seams where they ajoin other
tiles, but would appreciate some suggestions as to a good "glue" or adhesive
for the bottoms.

I guess one criteria would be that it should be quite thin, so that the
tiles does not stick up above its neighbor.

If it is only a few, you might be able to get away with some silicone
caulk.

You might be able to get away with duct tape too. However,
I think thinset would be a better bet.

| Gary Player. |
|http://www.malch.com/ Shpx gur PQN. |

I would think thinset is a better bet too, but I happen to have a
partial bag lying around most of the time. If he has two loose tiles,
why should be buy a bag of thinset, a proper trowel to put it on, and
possibly something to mix it up in?

JK