Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why did back coil refrigerators vanish?

On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 7:11:21 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
Uncle Monster
Mon, 08
Aug 2016 04:01:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

When I was a kid, I remember going to the school office, hearing
loud mechanical noises and smelling something that I thought a bit
odd. Someone said it was the mimeograph machine. This was many
years before kids said WTF, at least out loud. When was the last
time you saw one of these beasts? ^_^

Hehehe. Those were in some of the grade schools i've had the... ehm,
pleasure of attending some years ago.

http://tinyurl.com/z28jt43

It's been a very long time.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That

heck when i started working in 1975, i repaired office machines, including ditto machines that made those blue copies, the alcohol smelled good.

mimeograph machines black copies. kinda messy. mimiograph machines are still in use today, they are called risograph. basically a automated mimieo machine.

sold and repaired coated paper copiers, both wet toner and dry poweder machines, overhead projectors, thermofax machines. some system 80 teaching machines that used a record and card guilde..

currently i repair and sell laminating machines that put plastic on paper
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Don Young, dhsm_64 wrote:
Actually I have an old Kenmore non defrost with coils on the back and they are
not that deep so you can clean them and still get them close enough to the
wall! They do not get dirty as the ones under which are impossible to clean
from that front guard. You actually have to open the back panel and clean that
way but still they are dirty and greasy. The only true way to clean them is to
have someone tilt them back on a hand truck and you vacuum and wash them that
way .First one side and then the other. There can be frost free with coils on
the back and they are absolutely more quiet as there is no need for a fan to
cause the air flow needed for evaporation. IN a WORD they SUCK!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-257822-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 19:56:15 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

We had a serviceman replace
the ice maker about a month ago and in the process removed the back
lower panel. There is a fan but there was no dirt or dust inside.

Did you find the source of the leaking? I may have missed the post.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to , Greg Seaman wrote:
I agree, it's such a pain.to clean all the time
believe the coils in the back were much better .I forgot to unplug the unit
and I broke the fan blade with the vacuum and within two years whole thing
died. Only lasted not quite 5 years. What happened to the fridges that lasted
10, 15, and even 20 years?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-257822-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Frustrated, Greg Seaman wrote:
I Use a blower or compressed air to blow the lentout from under unit and
vacuum up after.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...sh-257822-.htm