Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any books on Home Heating System Maintenance

Does anyone know of any good books on repairing and maintaining home
heating systems? I want something better than the few pages devoted to
heating in the whole house maintenance books. I have a steam system with
a 70 year old boiler (converted to natural gas). I would like to know
how to flush and clean the system, make sure the radiators are all
working properly, check the burner and replace the pilot ignitor.

Thanks
Dante
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dante M. Catoni" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any good books on repairing and maintaining home
heating systems? I want something better than the few pages devoted to
heating in the whole house maintenance books. I have a steam system with a
70 year old boiler (converted to natural gas). I would like to know how to
flush and clean the system, make sure the radiators are all working
properly, check the burner and replace the pilot ignitor.

Thanks
Dante

Have you checked your public library yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Dante M. Catoni wrote:
Does anyone know of any good books on repairing and maintaining home
heating systems? I want something better than the few pages devoted to
heating in the whole house maintenance books. I have a steam system
with a 70 year old boiler (converted to natural gas). I would like to
know how to flush and clean the system, make sure the radiators are
all working properly, check the burner and replace the pilot ignitor.

Thanks
Dante

To be quite frank Dante;

A boiler isn't somthing DIY should mess with. Improper setting up,
adjusting, cleaning all will cause the boiler to become hazardous and will
shorten it's life. You would be smart to call a pro. Check and be sure the
company is licensed for a boiler [not just heating.] A smart professional
who isn't familar with boilers will tell you the same thing. Seek out a
professional licensed in boiler installation and repairs.

--
Zyp