DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Caulk on Brick (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/217322-caulk-brick.html)

David DeBoer October 12th 07 04:09 PM

Caulk on Brick

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

Mikepier October 12th 07 04:25 PM

Caulk on Brick

On Oct 12, 11:09 am, "David DeBoer" wrote:
Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

You can try heating it with a torch, not too much, just enough to
soften it. Then take it off with a wire brush.

Norminn October 12th 07 05:07 PM

Caulk on Brick

David DeBoer wrote:

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

How extensive? All around windows/doors, or a splatter here and there?

[email protected] October 12th 07 07:51 PM

Caulk on Brick

On Oct 12, 11:09 am, "David DeBoer" wrote:
Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

A pressure washer with a turbo nozzle should do it

Norminn October 12th 07 10:10 PM

Caulk on Brick

"Norminn" wrote in message

David DeBoer wrote:

Hello...

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

Thanks much for any thoughts..

How extensive? All around windows/doors, or a splatter here and there?

The thicker portions may pull of like a length of rope. I dealt with
the problem around wood windows with limestone siding. I didn't
contemplate trying to remove it from the limestone, as it was too rough,
irregular and tough work. I cut back as well as I could and put new
caulk and paint out to edge of the old to clean up appearance-wise. If
the brick is smoothe enough, it might turn out well enough if you cut
back, with sharp scraper or razor, to level it out.

Oren October 12th 07 11:22 PM

Caulk on Brick

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:09:45 GMT, "David DeBoer"
wrote:

Is there any way to get old caulk off of brick?

DAP® CAULK-BE-GONE® Caulk Remover . *

I've used it in around bathrooms. Apply and allow to set (not as long
directions say) and remove.

http://www.dap.com/media/product_pho...ulkBeGone.aspx

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."