DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint Pumps (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216988-paint-pumps.html)

John Gilmer[_2_] October 9th 07 11:24 AM

Paint Pumps

Does anyone here have any experience with the PAINT PUMPS?

EMWTK

PaPaPeng October 9th 07 06:01 PM

Paint Pumps

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 06:24:57 -0400, "John Gilmer"
wrote:

Does anyone here have any experience with the PAINT PUMPS?

EMWTK

Here's my related problem and proposed solution. Its too late in the
year to do it now. I need to restain the 2" x 4" and 2" x 8" wood
trim on my tudor style stucco house. Spraying won't work as there is
unavoidable overspray. Carrying up a 10 foot ladder and hanging from
a rung a gallon can of stain isn't practical or safe. The length of
trim I can brush at any one time is limited and there are lots of
drips. Then I have to move the ladder to paint another patch. My
idea is to fill a cheap spray bottle with stain, spray it onto thje
brush then paint the trim with the brush. These are Dollar Store
plastic spray pumps to be tossed away after each day's session. Its
probably cheaper and more eco-friendly to toss than cleaning it with
thinner.

Don Phillipson October 9th 07 06:31 PM

Paint Pumps

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message

I need to restain the 2" x 4" and 2" x 8" wood
trim on my tudor style stucco house. Spraying won't work as there is
unavoidable overspray. Carrying up a 10 foot ladder and hanging from
a rung a gallon can of stain isn't practical or safe.

If you think so, why not use a smaller container?
More generally, your problem shows why professional
painters always work with a helper or gofer. It iis
cheaper and faster in the long run.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs