DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   platform rocker repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216906-platform-rocker-repair.html)

J. Davidson October 8th 07 08:21 PM

platform rocker repair

We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.
Thanks, Jackie

DerbyDad03 October 8th 07 08:33 PM

platform rocker repair

On 8 Oct, 15:21, "J. Davidson" wrote:
We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.
Thanks, Jackie

Try a few Goodwill/Salvation Army type stores. Many manufacturers used
the same type of mechanisms so you might find some matching parts
hidden under one of the chairs there. I have...twice...until I
replaced the chair with something more modern.

Jim Elbrecht October 8th 07 11:31 PM

platform rocker repair

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:21:49 -0500, "J. Davidson"
wrote:

We can't find a spring and bearing assembly for our 1960s platform rocker.
Any ideas?
I did a search on google but was not successful.

I searched for "platform rocker springs" and got 53 hits- Amazon, Ebay
& a few hardware stores. What isn't right about those springs? [I
looked at a few and they all seem similar]

Jim