DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BIG BARN (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216680-big-barn.html)

lance October 6th 07 01:01 PM

BIG BARN

I want to reside the cable end of this huge barn. Does anyone have a
recommendation of what I can use that is cheap?

[email protected] October 6th 07 03:43 PM

BIG BARN

On Oct 6, 8:01?am, lance wrote:
I want to reside the cable end of this huge barn. Does anyone have a
recommendation of what I can use that is cheap?

first what do you want it to look like? secondly are you willing to
trade time for bucks?

cheap material may mean 5 times longer to install

whats the use of the barn when you are done? animals or people?

dpb October 6th 07 03:46 PM

BIG BARN

lance wrote:
I want to reside the cable end of this huge barn. Does anyone have a
recommendation of what I can use that is cheap?

I assume that would be "gable", and how big is "huge"? What is the
structure/spacing/etc., and is current siding structural or simply
cladding? Too much unknown to know what would even work.

As for "cheap", probably can't do much better than factory
seconds/blem's from the sheet metal folks. Of course, it won't have
warranty, may be mismatched/off color, etc., etc., ... Otherwise,
perhaps you can find salvage material locally.

lance October 19th 07 02:17 AM

BIG BARN

On Oct 6, 10:43 am, " wrote:
On Oct 6, 8:01?am, lance wrote:

I want to reside the cable end of this huge barn. Does anyone have a
recommendation of what I can use that is cheap?

first what do you want it to look like? secondly are you willing to
trade time for bucks?

cheap material may mean 5 times longer to install

whats the use of the barn when you are done? animals or people?

Sorry for the delay in responding. This project has been put on hold
as the owner had a stroke and is in the hospital. Thank you for all
the replies.