DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Phone Line (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216574-phone-line.html)

Don G October 5th 07 10:59 AM

Phone Line

Old phone lines were messed up so I ran a new line to rear bedroom to new
jack, works great. Then I hooked second line to same outdoor box and ran to
another bedroom. Problem, no connection. Is my new jack bad? I've tried
every combo and I'm at a loss. Any ideas, thanks.

RBM October 5th 07 11:53 AM

Phone Line

At your main telephone interface box, each pair of wires should be connected
to the same two terminals, unless you have multiple phone lines coming in

Don G October 5th 07 02:54 PM

Phone Line/Problem Solved

Thanks, I was wired properly, but, the brand new Ace Hardware, made in
China, jack was defective. I went to Ace this morning and exchanged for
another jack and all is just peachy.

willshak October 5th 07 03:17 PM

Phone Line

on 10/5/2007 6:53 AM RBM said the following:
At your main telephone interface box, each pair of wires should be connected
to the same two terminals, unless you have multiple phone lines coming in

Not true. Only one pair need be attached, but all jacks must use the
same colored pair. The second pair can be used for a second phone line.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY