Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Septic tank question

A friend of mine wants to know which is a better septic tank
drainfield...an infiltrator or PTI system? Never having had a septic
tank myself, I don't know what that means, so I figured I'd throw it out
to this group for help. Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pdk Pdk wrote:
A friend of mine wants to know which is a better septic tank
drainfield...an infiltrator or PTI system? Never having had a septic
tank myself, I don't know what that means, so I figured I'd throw it out
to this group for help. Thanks!

I'm no expert but I have septic system. There are basically 2 parts,
the tank and the drain field. The tank is segmented and solid waste
deposits in the tank where it is digested. Tanks must be pumped out
every few years to keep from overflowing into drain field and clogging
pipes.

Construction of drain field depends on soil and perk. Perk is how fast
the soil absorbs water. Too fast a perk and gray water may contaminate
aquifers, too slow and a wet, contaminated field may developed. In my
area, 2 drain fields are now required in case one stops functioning.
Then you can switch back and forth if required. The drain field not
being used is rejuvenated by rain removing salts that have accumulated.

You might look at this:

http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/NSFC/pdf/hom...guide_long.pdf

No Septic Tank? Steve B Home Repair 29 June 19th 07 10:09 PM
Septic tank question Steve B Home Repair 6 October 18th 06 02:33 AM
septic tank question Tony Home Repair 5 September 14th 06 08:03 PM
Septic Tank question Crusader george Home Repair 3 May 9th 06 09:06 PM
Septic Tank Perk Test Question. Robert Martin Home Ownership 3 October 18th 04 06:10 PM