Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Soap pump not pumping

Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it and how
to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:57:30 GMT, "Laurie"
wrote Re Soap pump not pumping:

Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it and how
to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Might be some dried soap blocking the check valve. Remove the pump and
soak it in water overnight. Then try operating the pump while it is
submerged in water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:57:30 GMT, "Laurie"
wrote Re Soap pump not pumping:

Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it and how
to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Might be some dried soap blocking the check valve. Remove the pump and
soak it in water overnight. Then try operating the pump while it is
submerged in water.

I've had one of these for many years.
They never last long. If you buy the
brand name
units, expect to pay $30 to $60. When
my last expensive one died, I when to
the home store (Menards) and bought the
el-cheapo unit for about $15. It was
probably made in China or somewhere like
that. It has
worked just as good as the Grohe, etc.
I suspect it will die after 5 or 6 years,
just like the previous Grohe unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve wrote:
"Laurie" wrote on 30 Sep 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it
and how to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Possibilities:
1) You're out of soap. Add more soap.
2) The pump is clogged with thickened soap. Take the pump out and
soak it in the sink overnight. Pump it with both ends under water.
Eventually, the water will soften up the soap in the tubes. You may
have to use boiling water on the stove, but remove all the plastic
parts first. 3) The pump is clogged with dried soap. Disassemble it,
clean it, and reassemble it. See 2).
4) The pump is broken. Install a new one.

LOL - it's full of soap (but I appreciate it being step 1) and water runs
through it,but with the thicker soap, I am going to try the boiling water
aspect.

If it's broken, I want to see if I can figure out why and if/how to repair
the guts part since the dispenser part is a stainless steel part of the
faucet set...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Art Todesco wrote:
Caesar Romano wrote:
[...]

Interesting. No clogs AFIK, but not knowing what a check valve is, I will
soak it overnight and see if that helps. Water runs freely thru all
disassembled parts of it (stem - pump - dispenser), when I reassemble the
remaining water will shoot out with a few pumps. SO I drop it back in the
soap container and nada - a few foamy bubbles.

That (&% soap dispenser lasted less than 3 mo with less than daily use...it
acts like it doesn't create enough suction to suck up the soap - I don't
know if it gets *into* the plastic middle section and if so, why it doesn't
get pushed out the dispenser.

I know it's a small thing compared to some of these big jobs, but it was a
stretch for me to afford the set and have it installed & I don't want to
drop a cheap alternative in there (unless guts is guts in these things and I
can just replace the guts part).

I hate things I can't see to figure out how to fix them!

Thanks, Laurie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:58:36 GMT, "Laurie"
wrote Re Soap pump not pumping:

I hate things I can't see to figure out how to fix them!

Thanks, Laurie

Let us know how it turns out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/30/2007 4:57 PM Laurie said the following:
Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it and how
to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Reach underneath the sink and feel the plastic bottle for the soap. If
it has soap on the bottom, the neck has cracked.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Laurie, Dawn M. wrote:
Hey Laurie,

This is exactly what is happening now to my Grohe dispenser. It's only 18
months old and was quite expensive. All parts work when not assembled, but
when put back together, they all fail. Did you manage to fix your problem?

I soaked the components all night in baking soda....to no avail. It's almost
like there is an airflow problem, disallowing the soap to make it all the way
up the tube when assembled.

If you have any more info or help, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dawn M.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
GMH GMH is offline

replying to Dawn M., GMH wrote:
Try a different soap. I found that different soaps worked (thinner consistency
I think) and others did not.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Dawn M., Steve B. wrote:
We have the same problem Soap does come up the plastic tube but doesn't
continue through the metal head/spout.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/16 1:44 PM, Steve B. wrote:
replying to Dawn M., Steve B. wrote:
We have the same problem Soap does come up the plastic tube but doesn't
continue through the metal head/spout.

If you can't get it working, not to worry. A whole new dispenser is 1.
inexpensive at your favorite home center and 2. a drop-in or, at worst,
a screw-in installation on your sink.

Five minutes tops, not counting unloading then reloading all the junk
under the sink if you have to screw in a new container because the new
pump doesn't fit the existing container.

--
With all this gun control talk, I havent heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists just from law
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Laurie, Shansdesign wrote:
Mine is doing the EXACT same thing! Can't figure it out *

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Laurie, Mike wrote:
The reason this often happens is because the seals within the pump harden and
shrink. The easiest way to determine if this has happened is to try to pump
clear water. If water passes, you have hardened seals.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLACE THE PUMP!!! Seals will swell and become pliable
when they come in contact with petroleum based lubricants. From personal
experience, I recommend that you go to an automotive parts house or hardware
and purchase a spray can of CRC White Lithium Grease #05037. It has a red
tube nozzle like WD-40, so spraying into the tube from the bottom is very
easy. Pump the grease through and you will find the seals swell immediately.

The pump will become difficult to push down and won't return to its cocked
position immediately thereafter, but within a day, all will work like new.
Really.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jen Jen is offline

replying to Mike, Jen wrote:
Thank You Mike! I've struggled with name brand installed soap dispensers
failing numerous times now in different homes and kitchens.You were the first
person to have an actual cause and solution! I shared your post with my
husband- he said he was gonna try straight WD40- figured it'd do the same
thing and Voila! Worked perfectly and immediately! You ROCK! Thanks again for
your solution!

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jen, Mike wrote:
Thanks, Jen We engineers are good for something. Your response warms me.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Have a wonderful, soap on demand life.

Peace.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike posted for all of us...

replying to Jen, Mike wrote:
Thanks, Jen We engineers are good for something. Your response warms me.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. Have a wonderful, soap on demand life.

Peace.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-254323-.htm

Tears are forming in my eyes...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 2:53:24 PM UTC-6, Tekkie® wrote:

Mike posted for all of us...

Tears are forming in my eyes...

Tekkie

Hahahahaaaaa, you squirrel!

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, carl in Framingham MA wrote:
Magnificent!!!! That took about 5 minutes. I used white lithium tube grease
packed into a disassembled pump and got it into the pump mechanism. cleaned it
out with q-tips and got water through it with no tube yet. then went to the
tube primed it with water and put it back in soap bottle and it worked like
new! awesome.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, John wrote:
Mike, your response was awesome. I tried this, and the pump actually works
better than it did new, so it must have been sitting on the shelf a while and
the rubber seals were already shrinking

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Mosey wrote:
I spent a week trying the other solutions without luck. I happened to have a
can of spray aluminum lubricant and gave it a try. I let it sit in the pump
overnight and the next day it worked better than like new. I'm so thrilled,
thanks.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jen, Christopher Mitchell wrote:
Ive had multiple failures on in-sink soap pumps. They've all had the same
problem upon visual inspection..... There is rust coloration and debris in the
base of the pumping unit. They stop pumping. Ill bet the the manufacturer got
cheap springs that are not rust proof...... and thats the source. W-d40 or
lubricants cant help with that except in the short run.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Valerie M wrote:
Thank you Mike, for The Very Best Fix to the pump dispenser not working
problem. I went to many sites and everyone suggested the soaking method, and
when all else failed, throw it out and get a new one. Mike was the only one to
suggest that the seals had hardened and how to test for it. Like Jen, I used
WD-40, sprayed it up the tube, pumped it a few times to get rid of the WD-40
and now it works like a charm. Thank you Mike! You really do ROCK!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
sjk sjk is offline

replying to Mike, sjk wrote:
Mike, you are a genius. Working now. unfortunately screwing the bottle back
in the plastic from the part in the counter broke at the bottle connection.
Will need to see if superglue holds it back together. But it is working on
the other dispenser. Thanks again

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Tom wrote:
Mike, I have two of the expensive grohe dispensers, less than one year old.
One stopped working a couple of months ago and your wd-40 worked. The other
stopped working two days ago. I found your instructions again on line. I
washed the parts well and let them dry overnight. Then, I sprayed them with
WD-40 silicone and re installed them. After a couple of pumps it works better
than new. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. Yours was the only
suggestion that made sense among those I found on line. I am surprised that
Grohe does not make that suggestion easily available on their site. I wish you
a Happy, Healthy and prosperous 2018

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Briana O wrote:
Hi there - thanks for this tip! Just to clarify, do I remove the straw from
the pump and spray lubricant up the bottom of the pump - or keep straw
attached and spray up the straw? Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Kelly Rickard wrote:
I didn't have any actual petroleum lubricant on hand so...I tried Pam cooking
spray. Guess what? IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Thank you Mike for the info and thank
you to my redneck daddy for passing on some of that ingenuity! Lol

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Paul wrote:
THANK YOU MIKE !!!!!! Sara and Paul August 2018
Took away the spout assembly, took away the "straw" and shot Jogaloo (all
purpose lubricant) into every hole we could find, in the barrel of the pump
stem, both in the up AND down positions. Washed it off, re-assembled the whole
thing, Et Voila!!! (Fr) Mike strikes again ............With great thanks
to you P &S

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Esther Massey wrote:
Mike my brand new pump will not pump through water or soap. What do you
suggest?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, SALLY wrote:
Thanks, Mike. I used your suggestion about a year ago on my 3-year old Grohe,
and it worked like a charm! It just stopped working again today and it took
me a few minutes to find this advice, but now I plan to try this again.
Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Louis wrote:
Was about to breakup with my wife because I accused her of breaking the soap
pump and find this advise, Mike you save my couple !! Thanks mate, works very
well with WD-40

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mike, Gabby wrote:
Mike, you just saved another couple from divorce!! This solution worked
perfectly! You may have our first born. (Maybe even second if this last
through the weekend, which Im confident it will. ) Thank you!!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-254323-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 17 Apr 2019 02:44:01 GMT, Gabby
m wrote:

replying to Mike, Gabby wrote:
Mike, you just saved another couple from divorce!! This solution worked
perfectly! You may have our first born. (Maybe even second if this last
through the weekend, which Im confident it will. ) Thank you!!!!

So what was the solution? You homemoaners don't know how to post.
You never quote the prior text; you never quote the problem, unless it
happens to be in the subject line, and you never quote the solution, and
your posts are worthless to anyone but you and maybe the one your
replying to, if he happens to be reading.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Mike, Gabby wrote:
Mike, you just saved another couple from divorce!! This solution worked
perfectly! You may have our first born. (Maybe even second if this last
through the weekend, which Im confident it will. ) Thank you!!!!

So what was the solution? You homemoaners don't know how to post.
You never quote the prior text; you never quote the problem, unless it
happens to be in the subject line, and you never quote the solution, and
your posts are worthless to anyone but you and maybe the one your
replying to, if he happens to be reading.

Did you try the link to the click-bait-hub?

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to Mike, Gabby wrote:
Mike, you just saved another couple from divorce!! This solution worked
perfectly! You may have our first born. (Maybe even second if this last
through the weekend, which Im confident it will. ) Thank you!!!!

So what was the solution? You homemoaners don't know how to post.
You never quote the prior text; you never quote the problem, unless it
happens to be in the subject line, and you never quote the solution, and
your posts are worthless to anyone but you and maybe the one your
replying to, if he happens to be reading.

Did you try the link to the click-bait-hub?

No. I'm not going to the web when Usenet works so much faster and more
easily.

Pumping over [email protected] UK diy 11 September 6th 06 12:22 AM
Pumping concrete Arno van Leest UK diy 9 October 6th 05 03:05 PM
pumping antifreeze with a pond pump [email protected] Home Repair 6 September 17th 05 10:22 PM
Septic Pump not Pumping Tom Home Repair 3 July 24th 05 09:51 PM
Pump for pumping air into combi boiler exansion vessel? Rich UK diy 5 February 3rd 05 05:46 PM