DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Farley Windows (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/216141-farley-windows.html)

Mark[_5_] September 30th 07 09:49 PM

Farley Windows

I recently bought two vinyl slider basement windows from The Home Depot
that are Farley Windows. They are well installed in two window wells, yet
both have shown to leak water into the basement. The leak is due to
overflow of water in the window track that does not have adequate drainage
by design. Neither the Home Depot nor Farley Windows has solved the
problem. Have lots of questions with no answers.
-------------------------------------

JoeSpareBedroom October 1st 07 12:46 AM

Farley Windows

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
I recently bought two vinyl slider basement windows from The Home Depot
that are Farley Windows. They are well installed in two window wells, yet
both have shown to leak water into the basement. The leak is due to
overflow of water in the window track that does not have adequate drainage
by design. Neither the Home Depot nor Farley Windows has solved the
problem. Have lots of questions with no answers.

Interesting. A window manufacturer that forget to think about rain.

Joe October 1st 07 04:55 AM

Farley Windows

On Sep 30, 3:49 pm, (Mark) wrote:
I recently bought two vinyl slider basement windows from The Home Depot
that are Farley Windows. They are well installed in two window wells, yet
both have shown to leak water into the basement. The leak is due to
overflow of water in the window track that does not have adequate drainage
by design. Neither the Home Depot nor Farley Windows has solved the
problem. Have lots of questions with no answers.

Just speculation...could they have been installed upside down?

Joe